Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jan 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I
I was asked if I wanted syrup with it but declined – I’m quite old-school when it comes to coffee, I like it to be strong and not sweetened and without too much milk. Bog-normal, as I think Leyfy’s husband calls it. Andy, on the other hand, is the polar opposite of me tastebud-wise, and ordered a peppermint decaf latte.

He does indeed!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fluzz View Post
Awesome decorations! I was helped into the zone while reading this by my neighbour who was playing "Noel Noel" at top volume. On the 3rd Jan.

I love your tales of the people you end up next to in Disney- I find these situations one of the best parts of a trip. You just don't get the same quality of loud public conversations in the UK!
Haha! Your neighbour definitely knows it’s Christmas. Except it isn’t.

I do love a random conversation. Strictly overhearing rather than participating though!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Wow some crazy queue antics
Nice margarita glass
Laughing at all the people queuing behind the cleaner
The queue was just unbelievable - or rather, the people in it.

I laughed at the cleaner moment too. Especially as we were like total robot sheep and just joined the queue before we realised. Ha!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Just added the Nomad Lounge to my to-do list (should I be taking a bag with plenty of room in it for the funky glass?). I loved Jingle Bell Jingle Bam - it made me feel properly festive. I also like the look of Yak and Yeti - must remember to get a Landry's card this year.
If you manage to rustle one of those glasses (or maybe two, one for me) you’ll be my total hero. Not that I condone stealing, but hey, Disney take enough from us.

Y&Y is a great meal. Good choices on the menu, portion sizes are just right and if you’re paying oop, good value too, especially given the location. Even better value with $25 off and no need for an ADR. Highly recommended.
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wozza View Post
I really need a butterfinger cupcake. Like right now.

I did an actual lol at the snow sales conference comparison.

I have to admit my daughter had one of those horrific light up bubble horrors. It also played “under the sea” on repeat. 🤦
I do wish I’d had the cupcake now. Hindsight and all that...

Haha, I’m glad someone got that one. I have to admit I did a little snort (not THAT kind) to myself too. Laughing at my own jokes, dear me.

Wait. What? It played music? Oh my. You must have been going out of your mind. At least we couldn’t hear the music over the general park noise. Good job too or I don’t think I’d have had anywhere near as good a holiday. Poor you.

Edited at 11:05 PM.
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
chipper 😆😆😆😆😆 I have no words 😜
No lie, I was the only person in the whole audience who did a loud belly laugh when he proudly announced his name 👏🏼
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Loved it

Your attention to detail & memory is fab, I always remember funny things that have happened or I've overheard but could never remember who said what to who.

Maybe you carry a dictaphone ()

Lovely day & as always can't wait to read more
Thank you!

No dictafone but I write for a living so I’m fairly practised in scrawling bullet point notes that remind me of the situation. But that’s why I’m churning the report out so quickly (I’m just starting to write day 11) as I’m scared I’ll forget a little gem that made me laugh.
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post

He does indeed!
Haha! Yes Phil! *bog-normal solidarity fist bump*

#noneofthatfancycoffeenonsense
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Ok so my favourite thing about this entire day is the image of Andy rubbing his belly when he passes a cake shop AND someone being named Chipper of course! Golden!

Also big lols at you getting trapped on the train! You’re way too polite! I’d have gotten by the pests! Ha!

Ok, so the Nomad lounge looks UHMAZING. And you know how much I love sliders! Stop bashing them woman

I must get me a Landry card! Just for Yak & Yeti alone! How cheesy are the wontons? Are we talking sweet like cheesecake? Cos I could get on board with that! Also, is that an apple on the napkin in front of A?

Omg Mr & Mrs Blue Eyes sound like a right pair of gypes! Wow!

JBJB sounds really good! Love the projections on ToT too! Oh and I sympathise with the bubble wand thing. Or any lighty up stick thing. Pain in the chops!

What an epic day! Loved it xxx
Haha nice edit! Andy really does do that tummy rubbing thing - I’ve got photos of him doing it. He caught me this time though:

You have to go to the Nomad lounge. It was just so relaxing, and as I may have mentioned, the cocktails were delicious!

I think you’d be fine with that dessert. It’s not cheesy at all. Possibly like cheesecake (except I don’t like cheesecake). Like super sweet but with a little sour tang. More like yoghurt maybe. But in a good way.

I had to scroll back and check the photo! It does look like apple but it was a lime wedge from my prawns I think. Eagle eyes!

Gypes *laughs for days*

Glad you enjoyed reading! I enjoyed writing this one - it was a good day! xx
Old 4 Jan 18, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Ahahaha I forgot about that Instagram post of the belly rubbing! He’s my hero!
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List