Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 13 Jan 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

First draft -August 2018 what do you think?

Hello
Nearing our 180 day window, so started our draft itinerary but its not finished and very much a work in progress. Please can you have a look and let me know what you think.

We are going in August for three weeks. This is our second trip but first time in August. Its me, husband, two children (DS4 and DD7 -asd) and my in-laws. We did no character meals last time or ADRs. We were nt very organised with our FP, far too much sprinting across the park.

5th Aug-Hilton Gatwick

Monday 6th August : Travel day. Probably just stocking up at Walmart and an early night.

Tue 7th- MK.
Wed 8th Universal?
Thur 9th-AK
Fri 10th- MK
Sat 11th - seaworld
Sun 12th waterpark or legoland
Mon 13th -water park prob TL
Tue 14th and Wed 15th: Hoping to book an overnight stay at Universal to make the most of FOLP
Thur 16th: Shopping in AM and 1/2 day HS for fireworks
Friday 17th: SeaWorld
Sat 18th: AK
Sun 19th:
Mon 20th:Epcot
Tues 21st:MK
Wed 22:
Thur 23: Waterpark
Fri 24th Epcot
Sat 25th
Sunday 26th

These are the ADRs we want to book:
MK Crystal Palace breakfast
MK BOG-Lunch
Boardwalk Bon Voyage Breakfast
Epcot Garden Grill-lunch

Saana at AK
Wilderness Lodge Whispering canyon -lunch

Are all these except BOG Buffets?

We need to add in fireworks, shopping and rest days. My husband also wants to play golf with his dad. We have Busch Garden tickets as part of the package but I don't think we will have time or energy to use them!
Not sure if the firework packages are worth it? Wondering about Rivers of light dining package.

Thank you
t x
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Were you specifically wanting buffets, or just curious? As out of the ADRs, only Crystal Palace is a buffet. The Bon Voyage breakfast is shared pastries then choice of main. Garden Grill is fixed menu "all you care to enjoy" meal served to the table family style. Whispering Canyon is normal a la carte menu, but one of those options is an AYCTE skillet similar to GG's lunch. Sanaa is normal menu only.

I would book the show dining packages but only if they were at restaurants you were planning to eat at anyway. Which for me was the case for ROL as Tiffins is our first ADR choice for this trip. Otherwise I'd either FP the shows, or just turn up to the standby line in decent time.

Edited at 01:41 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you. I’m a rookie planner.
I thought most were buffet. 😳 My mistake. I’d prefer buffet as the children are so fussy they can get what they want but I don’t want our holiday to be dictated by their rubbish eating habits.
Think i’ll Scrap garden grill. Not sure my son will eat much at Sanaa but I want to try that one.

Do you recommend any to try?
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Boma is a buffet, so that might be a good alternative to Sanaa.

I haven’t been to either but Sanaa is on my list - I prefer table service to a buffet

Garden Grill is on my list, as the character interaction is meant to be good - love Chip n Dale
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

I'm not far away either but I won't make definate plans until the busy day guide comes out so that I can plan our ADR's around what day's we'll be in which park. Hopefully within the next week or so when the park hours are released.
Garden Grill was one of our stand out meals last time, my DD's where 8 & 6, we all loved it it. Both characters and food was excellent - it was one of the meals my girls requested to do again. For picky eaters they'd be better there than Saana ( we done both ) - we wouldn't do Saana again - its ok but nothing to rave about and not that great for children. You may be lucky and get a table by a window but still no guarantee to see the animals ( we saw a bird! )

Edited at 02:42 PM.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Out of the two, I'd ditch WCC and keep GG as the food is similar but character interaction at GG is great - best character dining experience on property IMO. Maybe the breakfast would be better for fussy ones than the lunch? Although the lunch food is pretty plain from memory - very meat and potatoes style.

I'd also reconsider the Bon Voyage breakfast unless the characters there are a must do. It's an Italian restaurant so the mains aren't typical American breakfast items - think calzones, frittata, etc. They do have waffles and pancakes on the kids menu though.

Also note that Sanaa is at AKL instead of AK - might be a typo in your first post, but just in case you were thinking of it as an in-park stop. You'd need to head over to AKL (specifically Kidani Village, the DVC property) to eat there so will take some time out of your day.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

I personally prefer table service. I find buffets really off putting with everyone poking and breathing on the food. Then spoons go in the wrong dish and food gets all mixed up. 🤢
Old 13 Jan 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
I personally prefer table service. I find buffets really off putting with everyone poking and breathing on the food. Then spoons go in the wrong dish and food gets all mixed up. 🤢
So true. Also, everyone get up and down from the table gets on my wick. I’m making an exception for California Grill Brunch, though, and possibly Tusker House (for ROL).
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Out of the two, I'd ditch WCC and keep GG as the food is similar but character interaction at GG is great - best character dining experience on property IMO. Maybe the breakfast would be better for fussy ones than the lunch? Although the lunch food is pretty plain from memory - very meat and potatoes style.

I'd also reconsider the Bon Voyage breakfast unless the characters there are a must do. It's an Italian restaurant so the mains aren't typical American breakfast items - think calzones, frittata, etc. They do have waffles and pancakes on the kids menu though.

Also note that Sanaa is at AKL instead of AK - might be a typo in your first post, but just in case you were thinking of it as an in-park stop. You'd need to head over to AKL (specifically Kidani Village, the DVC property) to eat there so will take some time out of your day.
Thank you- it was nt a typo. Thought it was at AK. Phew, glad you spotted that.

Bon voyage was for the characters.