Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Feb 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lancs
Trading Disney Pins

Which offer would you choose May 2018?

Hi

After waiting for the disappointing uk offer and the German offer prices going up since I checked previously, I'm stuck on what to do next!

Last time went at Christmas 2016 at Sequoia which worked out at £340 a night for 3 nights with free half board, 2 adults 2 children.

Fancied a change going to Newport Bay and done a comparison across all the sites as you do with the other hotels which would you choose if you had to pick one? We want the half board included hence I've included it on the package on the French site.

Newport Bay £1649 french, £1,817.00 german, £2,101 uk, £1,781 ireland
Disneyland Hotel £2536 french, £2,287.00 german, £3,618 uk, £2,424.82 ireland
Sequoia Lodge £1681 french, £1,452.00 german, £1,807 uk, £1,608 ireland

Overall cheapest is Sequoia Lodge from the German site but we've stayed 3 times there so fancied a change.

French site can offer Newport at £1649 with the dining plan, but then I think it's 'only' £638 more to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. Is it that amazing compared to the rest?

Probably a crystal ball question but is it likely these prices might get cheaper before I bit the bullet?! Feeling aggrieved because Newport Bay was for sale at £1319 half board previously on the German site

Edited at 04:48 PM.
lancs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lancs View Post
Hi

After waiting for the disappointing uk offer and the German offer prices going up since I checked previously, I'm stuck on what to do next!

Last time went at Christmas 2016 at Sequoia which worked out at £340 a night for 3 nights with free half board, 2 adults 2 children.

Fancied a change going to Newport Bay and done a comparison across all the sites as you do with the other hotels which would you choose if you had to pick one? We want the half board included hence I've included it on the package on the French site.

Newport Bay £1649 french, £1,817.00 german, £2,101 uk, £1,781 ireland
Disneyland Hotel £2536 french, £2,287.00 german, £3,618 uk, £2,424.82 ireland
Sequoia Lodge £1681 french, £1,452.00 german, £1,807 uk, £1,608 ireland

Overall cheapest is Sequoia Lodge from the German site but we've stayed 3 times there so fancied a change.

French site can offer Newport at £1649 with the dining plan, but then I think it's 'only' £638 more to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. Is it that amazing compared to the rest?

Probably a crystal ball question but is it likely these prices might get cheaper before I bit the bullet?! Feeling aggrieved because Newport Bay was for sale at £1319 half board previously on the German site
I also missed the NPB offer on the German website. It was such an amazing price, I should have known it wouldn’t last while I dithered about booking! It’s probably a good thing, as we’re buying a house at the moment and are on a tight budget. (We ended up going for Santa Fe for £700 for 2A 2C 4 nights / 5 days on the French site.)

We stayed in the DLH at Christmas and I’m so glad we did. We don’t need to go back (at least not while we can’t afford it!) but it was a magical experience and it was definitely the right decision. It cost £1200 for 2A 2C 4 nights / 5 days, but then we also got the HB dining plan for £800, so not far off your total DLH price. If you can comfortably afford it, that’s what I’d do.

If DLH is a bit out of budget, I think NPB looks gorgeous and I’d have loved to stay there if we’d got the German offer. I think I’d personally resent paying more for the same holiday though, and wouldn’t enjoy it as much if we’d ended up booking it through another site. Still, if you fancy a change and DLH would stretch your budget, I reckon NPB would be a lovely place to stay.

Sorry I haven’t been much use there! Just wanted to say I know how you feel missing out on the German offer!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 07:54 PM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Out of those options I'd go for Newport Bay on the French site - even though it's gutting to know you could have had it £300 cheaper

Obviously it depends on your circumstances but I couldn't refer to the Disneyland hotel as being 'only' £638 more - thats half way to a 2nd trip!
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
omgblonde
I want to go now!

omgblonde's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I feel your pain! I priced my trip up a few days ago - in the last hours of the free nights deal.. it's gone from £707 to £917.. gutted! Wish I'd booked there and then!
omgblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lancs
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks for all the replies, glad I wasn't the only one who dithered! Re Disneyland hotel, think I won't be bothering with that.. £600 extra is no small amount and you don't spend a great deal of time in the room anyway!

Anybody know when the French offer finishes? Wonder if they'll do free half board after the current offer.

Have to say the whole different countries have different offers is beyond bizarre!
lancs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

The French 40% off offer finishes on Wednesday 14th Feb.

I think you’re right about DLH. When I booked it for Christmas, I did say it was something I’d only book for that time of year - the extra fast passes were handy to avoid long queues in the cold, being back in the hotel within 2 minutes of leaving the park was great in the cold evenings, and the parks closed at 6-8pm all week, so we spent a fair bit of time in the hotel (including two dinners and three breakfasts in Inventions, and evenings in the bar / pool / shop / entrance hall.) It was perfect for winter, but most of those advantages wouldn’t be so worthwhile in May.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lancs
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks - the risky part of me now thinks I'll wait to see what the next lot of offers brings...but maybe that's what got me in this situation in the first place!
Old 9 Feb 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Afternoon all.

Looking to go in May too so this thread I've kept my eye on.

Please can someone tell me do all the prices mentioned above include everything ie Hotel/Tickets and Flights/Train? or are you just talking Hotels?

Thanks

p.s any deals for 2 adults 1 child knocking about for late May from Manchester... thought I'd throw that in
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I.Mike View Post
Afternoon all.

Looking to go in May too so this thread I've kept my eye on.

Please can someone tell me do all the prices mentioned above include everything ie Hotel/Tickets and Flights/Train? or are you just talking Hotels?

Thanks

p.s any deals for 2 adults 1 child knocking about for late May from Manchester... thought I'd throw that in
I would think the prices are just for hotel & tickets - you can add transport to UK offers, but not other country's offers. Any prices that I've mentioned are excluding transport. Most people say it works out cheaper to book transport separately.

DH likes to drive, even though it's around an 8 hour drive, and we paid for the euroshuttle with £55 of Tesco vouchers, so our transport costs will just be petrol and toll charges. Having said that, I priced up flights from Manchester for May in case DH couldn't get time off work (came out at around £500 for 1 adult 2 children) and for the eurostar plus UK train tickets to St Pancras (around £600 for 1 adult 2 children.) I'm sure other people must get better prices than that, but I think driving will always work out cheapest for us.
Old 10 Feb 18, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I would think the prices are just for hotel & tickets - you can add transport to UK offers, but not other country's offers. Any prices that I've mentioned are excluding transport. Most people say it works out cheaper to book transport separately.

DH likes to drive, even though it's around an 8 hour drive, and we paid for the euroshuttle with £55 of Tesco vouchers, so our transport costs will just be petrol and toll charges. Having said that, I priced up flights from Manchester for May in case DH couldn't get time off work (came out at around £500 for 1 adult 2 children) and for the eurostar plus UK train tickets to St Pancras (around £600 for 1 adult 2 children.) I'm sure other people must get better prices than that, but I think driving will always work out cheapest for us.
Ok thanks,not a chance the other half would drive there!

If anyone sees a good deal let us know!

Cheers
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List