Notices

Old 1 Feb 09, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LynseyS
Proud to wear my Ears

Two get board in Lapland - The Intro

The spelling is intentional! So here we go again. For those of you who followed our Florida trip in June, hello again. For everybody else, hello anyway!

For those that don't know us (or have blocked us from memory!) an introduction is only polite..

I am Lynsey. I'm 24, I love travelling and planning. I have the best thermals with cupcakes on and I ride goofy (get your mind out of the gutter! It means I ride with my right foot forward!)

He is Colin. He's 25 and shares my love of travelling. Not massively keen on the planning but he's getting there. He has boring thermals and rides regular.

We are off to Levi in Finnish Lapland on Sunday. We go mainly for the slopes and being able to snowboard on quiet slopes is great! Although we do enjoy getting out on snowmobiles and going on excursions.

We booked this holiday in February last year, about a week after coming back from being there for the first time. I think our excuse was that we still needed to see the Northern lights...

We're staying at the hotel Hullu Poro (translates to 'Crazy Reindeer') again but we decided that although the sauna in the bathroom was a nice luxury last year but we didn't use it enough to justify the extra cost this year.

This is the hotel Hullu Poro

We haven't prebooked any excursions but it'll be easy enough to book them at the welcome meeting (and cheaper than using the local companies) even if it does turn into a bit of a scrum!

Out on the snowmobiles

Sitting on a sledge behind 8 farting huskies is lovely but smelly!

Luckily all the stuff we wore last year still fits and we haven't had to buy very much. I agreed to the holiday last year thinking I would have found a graduate job before Christmas and would therefore have some money. However, this hasn't been the case and I've been lucky to be able to find the money for this trip. I came home with $$'s from our holiday last year and had to cash them in for spending money. I was lucky and made some money out of it but I was sad that I had to change them back over.

But anyway! This is the last 'big' holiday until our honeymoon in 2 and a half years. There will still be mini-breaks here and there but nothing more than that. So we intend to enjoy it as much as possible even in the face of the terrible Euro rate.

Our intinery currently looks something like this...

Saturday 7th - Drive down to Manchester. Arrive around 3-4pm, check into the Radisson (treat number 1!). Go swimming, have some dinner and get an early night.

Sunday 8th - Wake up at a horrendous time (~3am), get ready and head to T1 for check in that starts at 4am The upside is that we will arrive in Lapland at around 11am so we can go to the shops and get some supplies, get the ski passes and go for some late boarding if we're not knackered!

Monday 9th to Saturday 14th - Snowboarding and a few excursions. Add in some good eating and drinking. Valentines day is going to be steak night

Sunday 15th - The flight home is at 11-ish so we won't be hanging around all day. We land in Manchester around 1.30 and we're just driving back up the road slowly so we'll get home around 6. Just in time for dinner!

I promise this time I will take better notes on what we've done instead of having to work from a fuzzy memory!
July 2003 and July 2005 - Villa // June 2008 - Renaissance Orlando Seaworld. // June 2011 - Renaissance Seaworld Honeymoon // June 2013 - Fairfield Inn Seaworld // October 2014 - Doubletree Seaworld and a night at the HRH // May 2017 - POR!
LynseyS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 09, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mousse
Imagineer

Have a great trip - we're going to Salla in March which are looking forward to. This will be our second trip as well.
Look forward to your trippie and photos on your return

First Trip '06;Lapland Christmas '07
CBR '08;Freeezing in Lapland March '09;
AKL '10;NY Christmas '11;AKL '12;NY May '13;AKL '14;AKL '16;YC & AKL '18
mousse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 09, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you will have a great trip. Looking forward to reading more on your return.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 09, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kimbob81
Excited about Disney

Hi

I have been here twice to the same hotel loved it so much and the slopes are great and good for all levels. Last time we went it was -28 soooooo cold! But still loved it and would love to go back.
March 2011 - The Royal - Cancun (Honeymoon)
May 2012 - Tuscany Villa - Orlando - 3 Weeks
kimbob81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 09, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List