Notices

Old 20 Mar 12, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Hi Jakki
All this planning - it makes your head spin

You plan looks good - I am in two minds again about the science academy - we swopped it for the Exploratorium and Tactile Dome but over the weekend we wondered whether to do Muir Woods and Sausalito instead - there is just too much to do in too short a time It also is startring to look quite expensive with all the possible different sets of tickets so we are wondering whether we are just being too over ambitious

I'm currently trying to work out some park touring plans for Disney - the impact of the opening of CarsLand in June is a big unknown though - Im wondering if it will make DCA much busier over the summer and whether that ride that looks like Test Track will have a fastpass option or not

Have you booked your car yet ? Keep meaning to do ours but never seem to find the time to actually get round to it

Happy planning
Amanda x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 12, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
There are a couple of pictures of the California Academy of Science in my TR if you want to have a look, here:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=518212
Thanks for the link, I think we'll give the Science Academy a miss

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Hi Jakki
All this planning - it makes your head spin ...
Tell me about it

You plan looks good - I am in two minds again about the science academy - we swopped it for the Exploratorium and Tactile Dome but over the weekend we wondered whether to do Muir Woods and Sausalito instead - there is just too much to do in too short a time It also is startring to look quite expensive with all the possible different sets of tickets so we are wondering whether we are just being too over ambitious
Based on Chilly's report we've decided to give the Science Academy a miss and I'm going to swap our shopping / Alcatraz trip to the 22nd which is DD's birthday. I like the look of Muir Woods and Sausalito but you're right about costs adding up. We're already doing a woods thing as part of the Roaring Forks railroad so I might find something else to do instead.

I'm currently trying to work out some park touring plans for Disney - the impact of the opening of CarsLand in June is a big unknown though - Im wondering if it will make DCA much busier over the summer and whether that ride that looks like Test Track will have a fastpass option or not
I think it will make DCA busier, especially over the weekend and of course our 3 days there are Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Have you booked your car yet ? Keep meaning to do ours but never seem to find the time to actually get round to it
Yes, we went with the recent USrentacar offer that gives you 10% off Dollar and we're collecting the car at Union Sq SF and dropping it off at LAX, we've got it booked up until the morning we fly but might drop it off the night before and stay at the same LAX hotel that you are.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 12, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Have you thought about renting bikes? We did that on our first trip to San Fran and rode over the golden gate bridge and then got the ferry back. This is who we used:

blazingsaddles/san-francisco.aspx
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 12, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Have you thought about renting bikes? We did that on our first trip to San Fran and rode over the golden gate bridge and then got the ferry back. This is who we used:

blazingsaddles/san-francisco.aspx
That's a good idea although I don't know how fit DH is

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 12, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
That's a good idea although I don't know how fit DH is
Its the saddle that got me
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 12, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Hello , hope the planning is going well
I checked the official Alcatraz site today and its releasing tickets up to July14th so tix for your visit should be out in the next week or so - and mine soon after that - eek !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 12, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Hello , hope the planning is going well
I checked the official Alcatraz site today and its releasing tickets up to July14th so tix for your visit should be out in the next week or so - and mine soon after that - eek !
Brilliant, thanks I'll start checking early next week

Old 15 Apr 12, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Its the saddle that got me
I just caught the ferry to Sausalito and met DH there! He cycled back too

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List