Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 13 Jan 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Cancelling owners locker?

Hi all

We are taking our last trip to WDW for a few years in August, and I think that will sensibly mean the end of our Owners Locker (we manage perfectly well on other trips with hold luggage, and whilst it's been nice to travel to WDW with hand baggage only, we always take some much stuff back that we always need to use the hold allowance on the return leg, so actually the value we get from the OL is getting less and less)

So it just makes sense for us to empty our locker this trip and cancel our membership.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this? I don't want to contact OL now, if that might confuse things for our August booking? But equally, I don't want to pay for the OL for longer than necessary, especially with costs rising.

I can't see anything about cancellations on their site, so I was hoping someone here might know more?!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

I'm going to cancel ours too. I've looked on the website and can't find any information about how to cancel either so I will just contact them when we are out there and tell them I don't need the locker any more. If they don't want it back I'll just have to leave it in the trash when we check out.
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Contact them when you are over there to cancel your OL. A friend did this a few years ago. I think they had to dispose of the box though.
Old 13 Jan 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
I'm going to cancel ours too. I've looked on the website and can't find any information about how to cancel either so I will just contact them when we are out there and tell them I don't need the locker any more. If they don't want it back I'll just have to leave it in the trash when we check out.
Thank you for replying . So have you currently booked in a return collection date for your box?

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Contact them when you are over there to cancel your OL. A friend did this a few years ago. I think they had to dispose of the box though.
Thank you for that Caron .

Do you (or anyone!) happen to know whether we pay for OL in advance or arrears? (I'm just trying to ascertain whether I would then need to pay another fee in December 2017 (which is my renewal date)
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Thank you for replying . So have you currently booked in a return collection date for your box?

Thank you for that Caron .

Do you (or anyone!) happen to know whether we pay for OL in advance or arrears? (I'm just trying to ascertain whether I would then need to pay another fee in December 2017 (which is my renewal date)
Yes I have as it appears to be impossible to just arrange a delivery without a pick-up. I'll just cancel the locker while we're there and put it in the nearest trash room for disposal which seems a bit wasteful but I don't know what else to do with it.

You pay in advance so you shouldn't have to pay any more if you cancel in August but make sure your credit card details are removed from the site once you've cancelled
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
Yes I have as it appears to be impossible to just arrange a delivery without a pick-up. I'll just cancel the locker while we're there and put it in the nearest trash room for disposal which seems a bit wasteful but I don't know what else to do with it.

You pay in advance so you shouldn't have to pay any more if you cancel in August but make sure your credit card details are removed from the site once you've cancelled
Thanks Fiona, that's really helpful
Old 21 Jan 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

We cut back our lockers in December - as like you have started doing other things so the value isn't what it once was.

Best thing to is book your August trip as usual - if you put in the notes on the booking that you are cancelling and returning the locker empty they can be recycled.

Also change the CC on your dashboard so no more charges can be taken and just email John once to let him know you have cancelled.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
We cut back our lockers in December - as like you have started doing other things so the value isn't what it once was.

Best thing to is book your August trip as usual - if you put in the notes on the booking that you are cancelling and returning the locker empty they can be recycled.

Also change the CC on your dashboard so no more charges can be taken and just email John once to let him know you have cancelled.
Thank you ever so much for this, I'll do this x
Old 21 Jan 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post

My friend didn't have the recycle option
Old 21 Jan 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
My friend didn't have the recycle option
It would be helpful if there was some clear information about cancelling on the website. I've looked all over and can't find a thing so if they can recycle the lockers they should be advertising the fact. It doesn't seem right to have to just dump them when they're still fit for purpose