Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 16, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Mobile Animal experiences outside of parks

Does anyone have any good recommendations for animal experiences outside of the theme parks. We went last year and did discovery cove and all the parks. We are doing the same in October but are there any animal experiences we could check out away from the parks.

I expect some may even be better value and better experience than the mainstream park ones.
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Big cat rescue in Tampa is good. Lots of different big cats that have been rescued & rehomed and they run a tour. The entrance fee goes straight back to help the cats. Dolphin watching on Little Toot in Clearwater is lovely too. There are often money off coupons available. Fun & ethical
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Wild Florida - lovely relaxing day and not too far away.

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh, also we went swimming with manatees at crystal river. It was one of the best things I've ever done! Looking at your countdown you'll be there at the beginning of the season when they head into the spring. The company provided wetsuits, snorkels & snacks. We loved it!
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dainty1976
Helping Minnie

Wild Florida - you can pay to do various animal experiences. We met George the Sloth - DEFINITELY worth every penny! he is goooorgeous!
Dainty1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dainty1976 View Post
Wild Florida - you can pay to do various animal experiences. We met George the Sloth - DEFINITELY worth every penny! he is goooorgeous!
We loved meeting George the sloth too! Wild Florida is lovely - in the middle of nowhere, you can book an airboat ride and animal experience as well as go round the little wildlife park. A fantastic day out.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This all sounds amazing thanks.

Will certainly check out wild Florida and swimming with manatees sounds great.

When is the season? We will be there October 8th - November 10th so hopefully that can work.
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'll echo Wild Florida did a package day with Virgin last May with food and transport, it was lovely!
Old 21 Jun 16, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sounds great. I like the look of so many of their packages. I know my Mrs would love he lemur experience.

Does anyone know of any of the bigger packages include the lemur interaction and sloth thing as part of a whole day thing?
Old 22 Jun 16, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mercator
Proud to wear my Ears

Maybe a bit "left field" but how about Black Bear Wilderness Area near Sanford? It's a conservation area at aside by the local council for animals to roam. It's completely free. I didn't see any bears when I went but did see loads of birds (vultures, egrets, herons...) I had the place to myself (only car in the car park), and it was one of my favourite activities. It's real Florida, not synthetic. Rest of the family didn't come with me though - they thought I was mad
Mercator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread