Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 10 Jan 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Ticket advice

Travelling in June for 2 weeks and hadnt thought about tickets yet.
3 aduslts all liking different things - wife likes disney and seaaworld, son and myslef like Universal & Busch Gardens.
Typically we will spend 6 day in total at the disney parks, 1 day at BG, SW, Aq, and 2 days in each Universal. We could condense the trips to each group into a consecutive days eg if a 5 day ticket was much cheaper than a 14 day etc.
I guess the starting point is £606.40 for the Full Monty combo from Orlando Attractions for unlimited for 14 days to all the parks
breaking down the Disney can be £295, SW/AQ/BG £100, Universal £217.

Anyone aware of any cheaper options by buying individually for shorter periods of utilising multiple discounts etc?

Off-topic but has something happened with Alamo prices? In October i booked a standard SUV for £318. Just checked to see if i could rebook cheaper and its £507?

Edited at 02:59 PM.
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Additionally, having never seen Cirque do Soliel, i see attractaction tickets direct are throwing in category 2 seating (£60 value?) in with their 14 day ticket at £319 (subject to availability).

Is this better value, and do they have a "get-out" by saying none were available
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi,

Thomson have the Essential Gold for £552 which includes the parks you want to do.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Hi,

Thomson have the Essential Gold for £552 which includes the parks you want to do.
Robbing sods! £552 upto April. £588 from 1st May 2017. Still cheaper than the £606 i guess. Is it worth paying and extra £38 each to get the Cirque tickets thrown in
Old 10 Jan 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

The Disney Ultimate 14 day ticket is aimed at UK guests and allows you to spend all 14 days at Disney, which you are not doing. There is a 7 day ticket too, but that is often the same price as the 14 day. However, the main Disney tickets are the 'Magic Your Way' tickets, which allows you to pick and choose exactly how many days you need, and you can avoid paying for park hopping and water parks, and are valid for 14 days from first use, so you don't have to do consecutive days. By doing it 'al a carte' it might work out cheaper, as you are not paying for the things you are not doing. They are sold by Orlando Attractions - they are the Worldwide ones - you just need to select $ as the currency to see the prices. The price gets converted to £ when you checkout. The UK is part of the World too!
Cirque de Soleil is a good show, if you enjoy circuses and acrobats.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
The Disney Ultimate 14 day ticket is aimed at UK guests and allows you to spend all 14 days at Disney, which you are not doing. There is a 7 day ticket too, but that is often the same price as the 14 day. However, the main Disney tickets are the 'Magic Your Way' tickets, which allows you to pick and choose exactly how many days you need, and you can avoid paying for park hopping and water parks, and are valid for 14 days from first use, so you don't have to do consecutive days. By doing it 'al a carte' it might work out cheaper, as you are not paying for the things you are not doing. They are sold by Orlando Attractions - they are the Worldwide ones - you just need to select $ as the currency to see the prices. The price gets converted to £ when you checkout. The UK is part of the World too!
Cirque de Soleil is a good show, if you enjoy circuses and acrobats.
Am i doing this right?
6 day base ticket $369 converted at 1.22 - £302.50
4/5 day base ticket $339 - £277.87
so if i am certain 5 days would be enough i have a potential saving of
less than £10 per ticket
Given that i also need universal and SW/AQ/BG the thomson offer for everything may still be better?