Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Thegirlyarwood
New Poster (5)

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
Can I ask did you have a flight only booking or a Virgin holidays? We have a holiday booked, direct out and indirect via ATL on way home on 7/12…… wondering what my options are!?!?
We booked with Virgin Atlantic, flights only. We were the same, had direct flight out on 16/11 and indirect back. They booked us onto the direct one back instead with absolutely no problems.
Thegirlyarwood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thegirlyarwood View Post
We booked with Virgin Atlantic, flights only. We were the same, had direct flight out on 16/11 and indirect back. They booked us onto the direct one back instead with absolutely no problems.
Thank you! Think we’ll hear more tomorrow so will hold off and see what they say. Thanks again
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
Can I ask did you have a flight only booking or a Virgin holidays? We have a holiday booked, direct out and indirect via ATL on way home on 7/12…… wondering what my options are!?!?
We were flight only with VA, after speaking with Stanleycamel I feel much better as I am still not sorted, 2 hours on hold on the phone then got cut off, no reply to emails, messages, on line chat etc. I will just have to wait it out and hope the cancellation email comes through before Wednesday. I have emailed the CEO dept at VA in the hope that gets a response before Wednesday.

A HUGE thank you to Stanleycamel for the help and reassurance. Very much appreciated.
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Ours to Miami for 11th Sept was not going to be cancelled
So - We took a voucher and used it to book flights to Orlando for the next available bookable date (knowing they'd be cancelled) .
Boom.
They've now cancelled those flights (no surprise) and we have our refund email

But - Not sure if this would work now though, as we know roughly when they are opening the borders, so not sure flights for October are still even bookable?
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Still nothing from VA - updated page 1

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Is the Wattsapp turned off? I have always used that.
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Assuming the part at the top is the update from today then a change to LHR is grounds for you to cancel. Have you tried WhatsApp?
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi yes tried whatsapp - that says messaging service is closed - just got this reply from my FB message to them...

Hi Sue - At present, your flight is operating as scheduled. You can view your flight details via the 'My booking' section of the website: ow.ly/ErmN30rs1Fw

Our current schedule is based on the close monitoring of the ongoing situation which is being evaluated on a daily and weekly basis. Please be assured you will be notified should there be any changes to your flight. We would also recommend to keep up to date with all travel information via this link on our website: flywith.virginatlantic/gb/en/news.html

If you are unable to travel please call us and my colleagues can run through the options available for your tickets. The contacts page can be found on the below link, so you can choose the most convenient method to contact us:
virginatlantic/gb/en/...ontact-us.html ^Bethany

So what do I do?!?!? They are still saying 2 days before we fly our flight is operating even though we will not be allowed in to the US!

I am hold (again) as I type this, been on for 2 hours at the minute! It really isn't good service from VA
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

They've moved your flight from MAN to LHR. That allows you to cancel with a full refund as far as I'm aware.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mackem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
They've moved your flight from MAN to LHR. That allows you to cancel with a full refund as far as I'm aware.
How do I do that please? I am waiting on the phone now but is there an easier way for me to cancel without penalty?

thank you for your help