Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Sep 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Thank you all. Lots of great ideas
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We always stay the PI Bath Road and get an Uber.
The rooms are just such a bargain and having watched a LOT of travel vlogs over lockdown, I can’t see that any of the others warrant the additional cost. A lot of the more expensive hotels are looking very tired
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Several hotels attached to terminals then use free train to get around

PI / HI / HILTON/ AEROTEL / SOFITEL / Crowne Plaza - set your budget and take your pick
We are looking at changing from the PI to the Hilton Garden Inn but its saying that its T2? We have never flown from Heathrow before and I just want the easiest option to get the T3. I thought our paperwork said T2 but someone said a few days back that Virgin were T3.

It would be great if anyone knew how easy it is to get from the Hilton Garden Inn to T3. We may still have the car but if its easy to get to then we would park the car in Maple Manor the day before.

Thanks for any help and suggestions

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland

Edited at 01:57 PM.
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
T2 & T3 are linked - you can walk between them 👍
I'm finding the Hilton T2 far more expensive than normal for next year ( not that I've stayed there before) 😐

Edited at 02:01 PM.
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
T2 & T3 are linked - you can walk between them 👍
So we could totally get rid of the car the day before. I am used to such a smaller airport.

Is it all undercover to get between the terminals?

Now I need to find out how to get from the Meet & Greet to the Hilton

Thank you

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
It's been a few years but I seem to recall getting the train from T4 to T3 then walking to T2 for dinner the night before my flight without going outside
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
So we could totally get rid of the car the day before. I am used to such a smaller airport.

Is it all undercover to get between the terminals?

Now I need to find out how to get from the Meet & Greet to the Hilton

Thank you
Yes it it all undercover from HGI to T3 except for the last 50 yards - you come out of the lift on to the outdoor concourse and 50 yards to your left is the entrance for Virign Check-In. The outdoor concourse does have a high cover sticking out from the terminal but if it is raining or windy you might get just a tiny bit wet - not much at all really. You can pop in the Virgin doors and if flying with another airline just walk around to their desks.

I stayed at HGI recently and it took about 10 to 15 minutes maximum from leaving the hotel to T3 check in pushing a trolley with cases and we weren't hurrying.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Yes it it all undercover from HGI to T3 except for the last 50 yards - you come out of the lift on to the outdoor concourse and 50 yards to your left is the entrance for Virign Check-In. The outdoor concourse does have a high cover sticking out from the terminal but if it is raining or windy you might get just a tiny bit wet - not much at all really. You can pop in the Virgin doors and if flying with another airline just walk around to their desks.

I stayed at HGI recently and it took about 10 to 15 minutes maximum from leaving the hotel to T3 check in pushing a trolley with cases and we weren't hurrying.
Sounds perfect, thanks. Do you have any hints on good rooms and restaurants there? I have watched a couple of things on you tube and they were both 13th floor and went to the Apron

Old 25 Sep 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Just be aware some of the hotels are being used as quarantine hotels- I think HGI was on the list I saw.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We used the T4 premier inn. It’s a longish walk down the corridor and then we used the free train to get to the right terminal. All very easy if you can walk for 10 minutes.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List