Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 22 Aug 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
The das worked so well for us when we went in 2019, along with fastpasses it all went very smoothly. Alot of the time we could just join the fastpass queue, apart from the big ones like FoP etc.
It does make me a little nervous that people are going to abuse the system though
It worked well for us as well. I hope people won’t abuse it but I expect some people will. This makes me so sad and worried the impact this will have on genuine need. Years ago when I was an NQT one of the parents of a child (5 yo) I teach was off to Disney with her family. Her daughter told me that mummy was putting her in a wheel chair so they did nt have to queue. She did nt need a wheel chair.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
B33ADHD
VIP Dibber

Ive got ADHD, I used the DAS system in Disney in 2019, it was great, this new system seems like a total pain in the ≈≈≈≈.
B33ADHD is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by B33ADHD View Post
Ive got ADHD, I used the DAS system in Disney in 2019, it was great, this new system seems like a total pain in the ≈≈≈≈.
It might make the planning a little bit more difficult if you choose to do the pre registration via video with a cast member as you will need to arrange this when it’s available. But hopefully the system will make things easier as you will be able to book the next ride via the app rather then needing to walk to that attraction.

Fingers crossed more details will be released soon.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

I'm worried the new DAS system relies on an App but with all the free to roam charges being removed from our phones it will make it expensive to use while we are there.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
I'm worried the new DAS system relies on an App but with all the free to roam charges being removed from our phones it will make it expensive to use while we are there.
There is loads of free wifi.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Thank you. I have no idea how we use free wifi on our phones as you can see I'm not very tech savvy.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
Thank you. I have no idea how we use free wifi on our phones as you can see I'm not very tech savvy.
What type of phone do you have?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

A Blackberry Key One
Old 3 Oct 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

For those worried about abuse, Disney appear to be doing this specifically to tackle it as it would appear to be rife. It can be seen within their FAQs on their website under this point:

Why is Disney Parks doing this?
Disney Parks is modifying the current Guest Assistance Card program so it can continue to serve the guests who truly need it. The new program is designed to provide the special experience guests have come to expect from Disney. Disney Parks also hopes it will help control abuse that was, unfortunately, widespread and growing at an alarming rate.

My wife saw this point and started to worry -

Does a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter need DAS?
No, a Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need DAS. Depending on the attraction, the Guest will either wait in the standard queue or receive a return time at the attraction based on the current wait time. For some attractions at Disneyland Resort, these guests will go directly to an alternate entrance. Guests with additional needs should discuss them with Guest Relations.

But this doesn't read that you won't get one, it means you may just have to have a brief chat with the CM about your additional needs and why a DAS is suitable for you. It won't be a "you're in a wheelchair, get out" lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Has anyone seen any news on when the changes are going to take place, I am due in December and looking as to when to book the video appointment with a CM.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List