Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
Do you have a link to it?
Hiya the bigger one is here: change/p/walt-disney...t-disney-world I think there’s a few about at moment. I genuinely don’t think it’ll make a jot of difference.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kr29br View Post
Any Indication of how much the individual ride costs will be? I get the surge pricing concept meaning prices will change, but are there lower and upper limits?
No indication just rumours, I think Paris is between 7-18 euros? So it’s been floated around around $10-$15 minimum with RoTR potentially at $50. Obviously peak periods and holidays they will jump a fair bit
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
No indication just rumours, I think Paris is between 7-18 euros? So it’s been floated around around $10-$15 minimum with RoTR potentially at $50. Obviously peak periods and holidays they will jump a fair bit
$50 per person for one ride is truly insane. 🙈
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Thing is it your only there a few days you might not be able to get a boarding pass, it’s not easy right now and there will be even less when this rolls out. There will be a lot of people that want to ride it so much that if they miss out they will pay $50 to ride it. I’d hope that is more peak pricing but no one really knows at the moment. I’d like to think Disney might be more reasonable with the backlash and that’s why they decided to wait to see how people would react before announcing pricing.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kr29br
New Poster (2)

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
There is 8 of us so the potential additional cost is huge!
Kr29br is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Well aware it was different, but a lot of people took advantage of it, and if you did it is basically the same as genie+ minus a few headline rides. And yes some have suggested they should up genie+ to $20 and include memory maker, but I think the difference is memory maker or individual attraction photos are much more of a money spinner in WDW than DL.
They definitely are pushed more at WDW, there's far fewer photographers in Disneyland. But it has a high proportion of locals rather than tourists, so it would be a much harder sell there.

Something is in the works for Memory Maker though. Based purely on the fact there's a survey out about it, mostly focused on the price. And usually when they're surveying, they're considering a change. Last park survey I got targeted for was about removing the street entertainment in AK, and six months later it was cancelled. This was pre-Covid btw, so not related to that.

I'd be interested in how many domestic guests actually purchase their MM photos after seeing them. Obviously UK is a skewed market since we get ours free with tickets so not really something we've had to think about. But I know if I had to pay separately for mine, I wouldn't. My selfies were way better.

Edited at 06:42 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Yea will be interesting, I know at one point it wasn’t included with the UK tickets and there were DIBB groups where you all shared a photo pass so the fee was split between say 12 families, that worked out great. Possible that they could replace the memory maker with genie+ for UK tickets.
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had a 3 night booking from last August which I moved to a 5 night booking with 14 day tickets & the dining credit for next august. This morning I changed it back to 3 nights. We already have 2 day non expiry park tickets left from 2019, so didn’t actually need to get 14 day tickets but I wanted them so we could make the most of what would probably be our final Disney trip. So we have 3 nights onsite & 2 day tickets which are already paid for.

I’m just not prepared to give them anymore of my money at the moment.

Edited at 08:24 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

I’m still going to Disney as most of us will. Il pay the entrance fee. Arrive early and leave early with empty bags. Make my way to an outside the bubble restaurant and buy my gifts in the thousands of offsite shops.
Parking I’m not sure about just yet. But if Uber or lyft work out il not be paying parking fees.
I use to love doing Disney on a budget and that’s what I’m doing next year. The Disney hotels really grabbed us 10 years ago but it makes no sense at all now. I’m really considering cancelling my 13 nights on-site as it’s no longer a premium product
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
I’m still going to Disney as most of us will. Il pay the entrance fee. Arrive early and leave early with empty bags. Make my way to an outside the bubble restaurant and buy my gifts in the thousands of offsite shops.
Parking I’m not sure about just yet. But if Uber or lyft work out il not be paying parking fees.
I use to love doing Disney on a budget and that’s what I’m doing next year. The Disney hotels really grabbed us 10 years ago but it makes no sense at all now. I’m really considering cancelling my 13 nights on-site as it’s no longer a premium product
I pretty much always do what you’ve described, not just because it’s cheaper, but I really enjoy the American restaurants, and enjoy having the space of a villa. Car hire is extremely expensive at the moment, hopefully will come back down again. I’ve tried doing calculations using Uber/lift and I think you can easily be $50 to/from your accommodation to the parks, and i like the option to come back during the day if we want to. Then there’s additional trips to/from restaurants, and if you stay to closing then you also have surge pricing and potentially waiting a while. I think even with prices so high it uber/lift for what I want sounds more expensive