Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Sep 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
wozwebs
Getting Excited

2022 or wait until 2023?

Hi all, have been to Orlando 3 times now with the kids, 2013, 2016 & 2019 so every three years. Daughter will be 16 and lad 13 next year. Am thinking do we take them next year or wait until 2023 so there would (hopefully) definitely be no COVID restrictions. Don't want to pay all of this money for there to be ANY restrictions on ride queues or restaurants.

Pretty sure that by July / August 2022 it should be OK but just have a feeling that waiting that extra year might be better but can't wait to go back, especially after the past horrible 18 months.

Just looked at flights to Tampa with BA and coming up about £3200 for the 4 of us but then saw the Disney ticket prices

Anyone else with the same dilemma?
wozwebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

This is a global pandemic.

Disney is a global holiday destination.

Logic suggests to me that the longer covid exists, the more we will learn, more people from all global destinations will be vaccinated.

2023 would seem a better option.

Others would disagree, others would go tomorrow. We are all different. Nobody is 100% right.

Disney332
Old 10 Sep 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Hi there.. im sure you already know this is a "Global pandemic",anyway i understand how you feel, i am in the same boat and probably half of the Dibb! I have a booking for next August (disney deposit only) and am going to wait and watch, its possible to book flights if they become available at a good price as BA still have the "book with confidence" offer!..In reality if you can wait until 2023 im sure the holiday build up and planning will be much better and the Dining plan may be back!...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I was booked for 2020, re-booked in for 2021, both cancelled and I have now decided to wait until 2023, to give things more of a chance to get back to normal

I am not someone who can afford to go all of the time, so my view is if I am paying a lot of money to do this holiday, I would rather wait a while longer and get the full experience
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I’m booked for August 2022 and 70% confident of going but that is dwindling. The way I look is if we can’t go I’ve already got the money put aside for 2023. The bigger issue will be is if some airlines will still be around if places are still no go for 2022.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChris
Proud to wear my Ears

I want to be optimistic for 2022. I'd love to see travel open up later this year but my gut feeling is they may not open up until after winter.

If people are vaccinated and providing negative tests I can't see why borders would stay closed until 2023, that just seems excessive even by my own cautious standards.

We pushed our own trip back from the 50th to next Christmas/New Year not because we're worried about summer but because we've never been at Christmas and have always wanted to so since we couldn't do the 50th Christmas became our first choice (plus we should be in California in May/June so need some time to save up again!)

Edited at 12:51 PM.
DisneyChris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

The only covid restriction that concerns me is the fundamental one about whether we can travel or not. If we can travel, we will go. I watch vlogs and there is nothing happening at the moment that would put me off being there (nothing covid related I mean, the Disney changes are another thread ).
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Booked for May. Not overly confident we will get there to be honest.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Obviously being a "holiday" forum we tend to concentrate on the International travel side of covid yet here I sit in a country that has 10 in the Top 20 covid hotspots in europe & it's not as if it's 10 low ones! I've maintained from the beginning that Airlines, TA's etc can only go so long without tourism & I'd say that the sad reality is that if you can't go in '22 then '23 might not be an option anyway! We are just waiting to book for Sept '22 & TBH I'm apathetic to the whole thing at the minute
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List