Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Sep 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

The Netherlands & testing

Have any of you been or planning to go to the Netherlands soon?

We are hoping to go in November, 10 day quarantine has now been removed on arrival, we just need to have a negative test result confirmed within 48 hours prior to arrival in the country.

Anybody got any recommendations on who to use? I’ve seen a lot of suggestions on here for other countries but can’t find nothing about anybody going to The Netherlands so hoping to see if any of you have any first hand experience.

Thanks
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

I am tentatively looking at Efteling in November, another thing to consider, the Netherlands now requires a vaccine pass to enter restaurants etc. And apparently a non-dutch vaccine pass will NOT be accepted and instead you'll have to have a negative test every 24 hours!... I'm hoping they begin to accept foreign vaccination proofs or I won't bother.
Ben1993 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ben1993 View Post
I am tentatively looking at Efteling in November, another thing to consider, the Netherlands now requires a vaccine pass to enter restaurants etc. And apparently a non-dutch vaccine pass will NOT be accepted and instead you'll have to have a negative test every 24 hours!... I'm hoping they begin to accept foreign vaccination proofs or I won't bother.
Yep this is what has put us off
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

It seems to be a developing situation day by day.

I’ve been monitoring a few other forums & I’m noticing that people are posting to say that they are being allowed entry to independent restaurants by showing their NHS covid pass which is the one required to enter the country, it seems from what is being said that the bigger restaurants chains are sticking to the rules and requiring negative test results if the correct paperwork can’t be shown.

We’ve only got our crossing booked at the moment nothing else, hoping that there will be further clarification between now and November which is when we plan to go.
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by thehails View Post
It seems to be a developing situation day by day.

I’ve been monitoring a few other forums & I’m noticing that people are posting to say that they are being allowed entry to independent restaurants by showing their NHS covid pass which is the one required to enter the country, it seems from what is being said that the bigger restaurants chains are sticking to the rules and requiring negative test results if the correct paperwork can’t be shown.

We’ve only got our crossing booked at the moment nothing else, hoping that there will be further clarification between now and November which is when we plan to go.
I did see the other day a story that the UK was on the verge of joining the EU's vaccination/green pass thingy, I assume that would suffice for the Netherlands then if we do. Fingers crossed.
Ben1993 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List