Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

VS leased, and refurbed, four A330-200's former Air Berlin aircraft, AB had a reputation of holding the worst seating of all European carriers. UC is nice, see HERE. Whilst PE looks canny, 17.7" of width in static hard sided seats with my hips plus back brace would be torture for me.

Pre-pandemic, apparently VS had their A330-300's earmarked for refurb to mirror A350 UC/PE seat widths. I read a thread all four of the 200's had recently been retired from VS service, guess not based on this thread.
Old 25 Sep 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

I guess it may change again or they may switch the plane, we flew A350 to NYC in 2019 and that was lovely. Good luck to everyone rebooking their seats, I hope you all get a good resolution from VA, especially those who have been messed about with economy/delight swaps!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Fastpassfamily
Earning More Ears

I found out I had the same issue yesterday morning so rang Virgin and after 2 hours on hold I was told I had been move to the early flight on my return and that I had the same seats. However I’m row 20 and 21 in premium and the a330 200 does not have a row 20 or 21 in premium. There are also only 2 seats available for selection. I smell a plane change coming on
Fastpassfamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

After posting yesterday, saying my flight number had changed to VS91 but times were the same, its updated overnight on the APP along with a email saying changed to earlier VS91 at 11.10.
Our seats were 2A and 3A on a A330-300, we're now on A330-200 luckily still seated next to each other in Upper.
Scattle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
casualvisitor
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
On the 300 the seat is 21 inches wide and 38 inch pitch, on the 200 its 17.7 and 36. As my partner is 6'3" any extra space is vital.
Are you sure about this. I was under the impression the 200’s had been refurbished with 21” width and 38” pitch. May well be wrong though 🤷
casualvisitor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by casualvisitor View Post
Are you sure about this. I was under the impression the 200’s had been refurbished with 21” width and 38” pitch. May well be wrong though 🤷
According to SeatGuru it is 17.7, but if you look at Virgins own page it says 18 but does say 38 pitch - unless this is not updated?

flywith.virginatlantic/g...bus-a332.html#
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
casualvisitor
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
According to SeatGuru it is 17.7, but if you look at Virgins own page it says 18 but does say 38 pitch - unless this is not updated?
I have read elsewhere it is 19” but looks like they agree on the pitch. Not sure where I got the 21” from but is does seem excessive. First time for us with Virgin, can’t fault their service so far as rebooked from previous cancellations without any issues but having read about fleet and schedule changes it does seem as if they are in a state of flux. We have already been moved from GLA to EDI (better for us so not complaining) but looks like change of aircraft may or may not be happening as well.

Edited at 08:34 AM.
casualvisitor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by casualvisitor View Post
I have read elsewhere it is 19” but looks like they agree on the pitch. Not sure where I got the 21” from but is does seem excessive. First time for us with Virgin, can’t fault their service so far as rebooked from previous cancellations without any issues but having read about fleet and schedule changes it does seem as if they are in a state of flux. We have already been moved from GLA to EDI (better for us so not complaining) but looks like change of aircraft may or may not be happening.
21" was the 747s - I have travelled countless times with Virgin and are a real fan, no issues with anything and has only positive experience with the many times we have had to rebook over the last 18mnths.

Not too bothered about the flight change, my only gripe is the move to exit row seats that we cant change, just wish there was almost like a 'waitlist' or register that people can go on to swap seats.

My OH, (though no scientific evidence) thinks there will be another aircraft change to come.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
21"My OH, (though no scientific evidence) thinks there will be another aircraft change to come.
I would be surprised if this is not the case! If bookings pick up they may swap out the 200's for a larger plane, at the moment this is just because that was the plane originally assigned to the earlier flight. We may be in for an exciting few weeks of emails from VA
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
I would be surprised if this is not the case! If bookings pick up they may swap out the 200's for a larger plane, at the moment this is just because that was the plane originally assigned to the earlier flight. We may be in for an exciting few weeks of emails from VA
o I think you're right. No Email, but our return flight has changed our Premium seats to economy delight on the Virgin seat map on a 200. Seat Guru is already showing the flight as changed to a 300 so we are still in Premium as it is a larger cabin. I think VA are in arrears with changing the seat maps. There may be more changes yet. Hours of endless fun!
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List