Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

1st time DLP advice

We have booked to go Feb half term, assuming the Brits are not told we can't enter by this point we will visit for the 1st time and I'm looking for a little advice.
Florida was easy the dibb had 100s of threads but I'm finding DLP a little harder to find the relevant answers.
So hopefully someone who has been can help.

What advice can people offer for a family staying off-site.
Can anyone explain the current covid rules in place for a 4 day stay?
What app or system does Paris use? What rides use LL and do I need to join virtual queues?
Does dinner reservations open 90days out like Orlando?
Any kind of help is really appreciated
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Currently fully vaccinated people do not need a test to go, and you need to scan your NHS QR code into the French App - the App is called TousAntiCovid..
You do need to book a 2 day lateral flow test ready for your return, and put the test number on a Passenger Locator form before leaving France. You also need to complete a covid declaration form to enter France.
I haven't looked into the children requirements so perhaps someone else can answer that.

The 'Disneyland Paris App' has lots of info on it, and you can book dining etc there.
Dining opens at 60 days - but is quite changeable!

We've never stayed offsite but there are a number of hotels within 1 train stop (and DLP has it's own station).

If you're staying onsite with hotel linked tickets then you don't need to book park days - offsite you do. You also get into the parks an hour early onsite.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

This is the link to the foreign travel advice. You can sign up to alerts for if things change.

How old are your children?

Mine is 12. Currently, he has to take a test before he leaves - within a 24 hour period prior to arriving in France. This will last for 72 hours I believe and can be used to enter the parks/restaurants. He’ll have to do another one whilst we are there as it will run out before we leave. We then need to do the 2 day test when we get home as mentioned above. For younger children, I’m not sure what the rules are.

We haven’t been to DLP since 2010 and can’t remember much of it. We only spent a day there.

Having planned WDW trips to the tenth degree, I’m looking forward to just going with the flow. We’ll get to the parks early and just see how we get on. To be honest, I’ll just be relieved to get there. We’re also going in Feb and worry that I made a mistake and should have booked for now. 🙈

Happy planning! Hope you get there.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

How are you planning to travel?
We usually drive and stay offsite.
For the price of 4 days park entry, it might be worth looking at annual passes: they give you free parking (I think it’s about €30 a day otherwise) and discounts in the shops and table service restaurants.

We tend to stay self catering so have a big breakfast then make ham or cheese baguettes to take in with us. We top them up with chips and hot drinks to keep us warm when we go in the colder seasons. Then we either have tea in Disney village or cook back at the house.

When we stayed in a hotel we had a big breakfast there and ate at the parks/in Disney village.
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

If nothing changes (I am still not convinced I am going anywhere!), we will be in the air this time next week.

We are onsite and an all adult vaccinated party. For going to France, we have got the TousCovid app ready and printed off the declarations. For coming home I have ordered our Day 2 lateral flow tests, got the codes and will do the passenger locator forms whilst we are there. But a lot can change before February so I wouldn’t take much notice of current requirements if I were you.

I have the Disneyland Paris app and as we are onsite it already has details of my stay, although unlike with the WDW app, it doesn’t seem to know anything about the other party member, although it knows there are two adults.

It looks like it would be very easy to buy premier passes in the app although obviously I have not tried and you need to be in the park to do this, but I have seen it and it looks intuitive. I am hoping that there will be no need for passes however. They are available on; Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Ratatouille, Peter Pan, Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, Phantom Manor, Tower of TerrorStar Tours. Most seem to be €14 with a few at €7?

I found that dining reservations did not open at 60 days, it was maybe another 10-14 days after I expected. I also found that places got booked up very quickly, so I would recommend checking regularly from 60 days onwards and then booking everything.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
If nothing changes (I am still not convinced I am going anywhere!), we will be in the air this time next week.

We are onsite and an all adult vaccinated party. For going to France, we have got the TousCovid app ready and printed off the declarations. For coming home I have ordered our Day 2 lateral flow tests, got the codes and will do the passenger locator forms whilst we are there. But a lot can change before February so I wouldn’t take much notice of current requirements if I were you.

I have the Disneyland Paris app and as we are onsite it already has details of my stay, although unlike with the WDW app, it doesn’t seem to know anything about the other party member, although it knows there are two adults.

It looks like it would be very easy to buy premier passes in the app although obviously I have not tried and you need to be in the park to do this, but I have seen it and it looks intuitive. I am hoping that there will be no need for passes however. They are available on; Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Ratatouille, Peter Pan, Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, Phantom Manor, Tower of TerrorStar Tours. Most seem to be €14 with a few at €7?

I found that dining reservations did not open at 60 days, it was maybe another 10-14 days after I expected. I also found that places got booked up very quickly, so I would recommend checking regularly from 60 days onwards and then booking everything.
Fingers crossed you will get there! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Lexilooby View Post
How are you planning to travel?
We usually drive and stay offsite.
For the price of 4 days park entry, it might be worth looking at annual passes: they give you free parking (I think it’s about €30 a day otherwise) and discounts in the shops and table service restaurants.

We tend to stay self catering so have a big breakfast then make ham or cheese baguettes to take in with us. We top them up with chips and hot drinks to keep us warm when we go in the colder seasons. Then we either have tea in Disney village or cook back at the house.

When we stayed in a hotel we had a big breakfast there and ate at the parks/in Disney village.
Sorry to jump on this thread, Lexilooby we’d like to do similar to you - do you have any self catering accommodation recommendations?
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

Hi Disneybear,
We tend to stay in the Marriott village D’il-De-France but we get it heavily discounted because of timeshares through Interval. It comes up on Booking.com but would be way out of our budget. It is fabulous though if it falls in your price range.

I’m sorry I can’t be more help! I dare say others would have more ideas. Might be worth asking in a separate post?
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Lexilooby View Post
Hi Disneybear,
We tend to stay in the Marriott village D’il-De-France but we get it heavily discounted because of timeshares through Interval. It comes up on Booking.com but would be way out of our budget. It is fabulous though if it falls in your price range.

I’m sorry I can’t be more help! I dare say others would have more ideas. Might be worth asking in a separate post?
Thank you! I did a search yesterday and found some good recommendations but this one is new so will take a look!
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneybear View Post
Thank you! I did a search yesterday and found some good recommendations but this one is new so will take a look!
We’ve stayed here before. The accommodation is beautiful. And from memory there is a bus that you can catch to Disney not far from the entrance to the resort.