Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 12 Mar 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Then your own prejudices have made you miss the point entirely. It’s about how you get to your conclusion not the conclusion itself.
One juror might rely on their gut alone , another on the evidence and both come to the same conclusion but how they got to “their truth” was entirely different .
My own prejudices?

Unbelievable.

In jury service I think the conclusion is the important bit! Both to the accused and the judicial system!

Someone questions your flawed logic and you respond in that way?

Twist it however you need to, to suit your own narrative. It appears because I disagree then I’m prejudiced - which confirms what I said about our society now. Good grief!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I wonder in what context a group of upper class white people gather around and discuss how dark the new baby will be and it not be racist...

At least most of you have moved on to accepting it was said and now its all about the context dear lord...

Oh and finally... "We are not a racist family" says Will... Cough - Phillip - Cough...

Anyway couldn't help jumping back in for a moment...

I will leave you all to your victim shaming and piece by piece destruction of a pregnant suicidal women. Bravo for modern Britain...
When you go on record in a soap opera like this to hundreds of millions (their choice), it is done for one reason only - publicity.
If you court this publicity, you are very proactively inviting and requesting discussion. You know there will be positive and negative. That is the decision they made. It isn't "victim shaming" as you want to call it. It is exactly the discussion that they chose very knowingly when they agreed to do this thing.
They knew 100% in advance that it would be analysed piece by piece. So they fully accepted this.
And Meghan CHOSE to do all this while pregnant and having had these "suicidal thoughts".
This was 100% their choice to do all this isn the FULL knowledge of how it would be discussed. They would have had advice on how this discussion would go and yet they still chose to go with it.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
For me society has moved on in many ways. More people are willing to call out poor behaviour and poor comments while years ago people would not. So yes people will call out sexism, racism, bullying and all manner of other things as is their right.

This gets many peoples backs up and some will say people are just snowflakes or looking for offence. For me it is just society changing for the better and change can be tough to take.
But the problem is that it actually has the reverse effect. It does more harm to those that are really suffering from these bad things. The real cases are hidden in the noise.
Its the "cry wolf" thing. People are so numbed to all this stuff that the real problem gets lost.

I think this charade (I am not going to call it an interview as it wasn't) has done more damage than good to these issues and the people genuinely suffering from them.

Edited at 12:46 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
When you go on record in a soap opera like this to hundreds of millions (their choice), it is done for one reason only - publicity.
If you court this publicity, you are very proactively inviting and requesting discussion. You know there will be positive and negative. That is the decision they made. It isn't "victim shaming" as you want to call it. It is exactly the discussion that they chose very knowingly when they agreed to do this thing.
They knew 100% in advance that it would be analysed piece by piece. So they fully accepted this.
And Meghan CHOSE to do all this while pregnant and having had these "suicidal thoughts".
This was 100% their choice to do all this isn the FULL knowledge of how it would be discussed. They would have had advice on how this discussion would go and yet they still chose to go with it.
I wonder who advises them and if they have their own agenda.
As I said I found it all very sad and nothing has changed that opinion.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

My 16 year old mixed race grand daughter said quote" is she even half black"?..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

I feel bad for everyone concerned, for various reasons.

Most especially The Queen.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
They will have had a team of advisors scrutinising every word. PR teams, legal teams etc.
I agree - very sad and I cant see a single good point resulting for anyone.
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
They will have had a team of advisors scrutinising every word. PR teams, legal teams etc.
I agree - very sad and I cant see a single good point resulting for anyone.
Surely the only good point is H & Ms global profile has hit the stratosphere, with an equal increase in their ability to demand huge sums of money, for exclusives, rather than living a low profile low earning potential life in the US.

Disney332
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
I’m pretty much in the middle on this but I will try to answer you.

If we take what Harry and Megan say is true, and I believe they think it is the truth then of course they would want to share their experiences with the world. If what they say is true then we all should be appalled at the treatment they suffered and they should be able to reclaim their voices and call out everyone who contributed to the issue of racism, bullying and mental health issues they suffered from.

Now we come to being able to prove much of it? The press comments we can prove and verify so no real issue there. The feelings of suicide no one can question, if someone feels this way then that’s the way they feel. You can’t prove feelings and most of us are left having to either believe this or not. The racist/stupid comments from a family member is easily proved and it’s a shame they did not just say who it was.

Anyway like Megan said herself, she wanted to have her voice back and be able to speak out.
Yep, fair enough, but was the point, what did they want to achieve by slating Harry’s family in front of the world?

Parts of the interview were so clearly twisted. For example, why bring up that she had her passport and keys taken her from when it’s clear that wasn’t to take away her freedom, more so probably because she didn’t need them. (I think Duchy mentioned that a few pages back). She’s hardly standing in the EasyJet check in desk at Luton airport.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I have thought long and hard about this. Despite their millions, I can only conclude that they are so wrapped up in themselves and confident of their intellectual superiority that they took no advice at all from anybody.

Even the worst publicity advisor in the world would have advised of the dangers inherent in ‘going public’. They would also have advised of the need to be absolutely certain that there was no information held by media and other groups that could either derail or disprove any part of their account. They needed a ‘Max Clifford’ on their shoulder.

I believe that no research whatever was carried out in the above respects and that as a result of this, they have opened themselves to public ridicule that will worsen with ongoing digging and research worldwide in the coming weeks.
No passport, yet worldwide travel by Megan?
Photographs of Harry in Nazi Uniform. I feel certain that many, many more such images are going to surface in the coming months?
The rather silly pushbike story and photos that disprove it?

As for Harry, perhaps he should heed some proven advice.
‘Always be careful who you upset on your way up as you may need them when you are coming back down.’
Whilst I have no doubt that Meghan will do just fine in the coming years, I suspect that the future might not be quite so bright for Harry and that he may reflect on his disloyalty over the past few days.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 01:07 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List