Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Apr 11, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by easygoingeezer View Post
Still puzzled why people are so shocked and horrified by the prices, its a luxury holiday destination nearly 5,000 miles away, of course its expensive and after a price war then going in to "reality" businesses are just trying to stay in business.

I am 47 now and its only the last 11 years or so I have been lucky enough to afford going, before that when I couldn't afford it I didn't think it was somehow unfair on me that others could or that airlines and holiday companies should jolly well only charge what I expected them to because I deserve to go to Florida.

Also every year without exception a roughly equal number of people say either they got a ridiculous expensive quote or they got a fabulous bargain, all down to the difference between rack rates or fare codes, the boards year on year are littered with :angry::angry:
cant' believe what they want for a holiday...rip off yada yada or just got a bargain going next year.

The only thing that has really changed and made in my opinion an unfair impact on both us and the airlines is fuel prices and idiotic taxes on people flying who already paid enough tax on their wages before even thinking about a holiday.
I think the trouble is what was once seen as a "Once in a life time trip" has become something that people want to do year in year out and for many thats not affordable. Its no longer seen as a luxury though in reality thats what it is.

When we 1st starting going we aimed to go every 3 years (though that was having sprogs in between trips)and thats what we did. Then not quite sure what happened but since 2005 we've been to America every year bar 2007.. even managing 3 trips in 13 mths.

I also suspect going back a few years far more people than now put holidays on credit cards or maybe used loans.. now credit isnt so readily available people are thinking twice about the cost , rather than a stick it on the plastic and worry later attitude.

Clearly the cheap holidays from the likes of TCD and Globespan werent sustainable because look what happened to those companies !
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 11, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I happen to love Spain with a passion and if you point your nose about 5 miles inland and explore the country has tonnes to do and see. Sitting by a pool reading a book is a choice but their is loads to see and do in Europe, though an infinity pool overlooking a Med sunset would do me if anyone wants to take me.

Also Paris, Berlin, Vienna totally enthralling destinations steeped in class
and history with masses of things to do.

Just had 5 days in London admittedly high end accomodation so it was expensive but I have had the most fantastic fun filled five days I remember.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG26
Excited about Disney

Priced for September 2nd flying out from Glasgow 2 adults 1 child and staying on International Drive and got a price of £1936 with Thomas Cook, also flying out 2nd October-16th Oct again staying on International Drive and the price was £1738. Fab prices so Florida may not be unachievable this year after all!
Dec 09/10: Xmas & New Year in Australia. 2010: La Croix Du Vieux Pont, Paris. 2011: Barbados, Duinrell & La Croix Du Vieux Pont 2012: Bella Italia, Lake Garda 2013: Tenerife 2014: Dubai, Benidorm 2015: New York , Orlando 2016: Tenerife, DLP 2017: Tenerife, Olu Deniz, Benalmadena 2018: Berlin, Tenerife, Dubai
MrsG26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 11, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Wils39
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

priced out of florida

Just booked flights last week for August 2011.
Thomson wanted an extra £ 2000 for party of 5 adults from Newcastle.We eventually booked from Manchester PE
I like my local airport but not that much.
I don't know how they can justify a £2000 difference in price.
We could'nt even go from Newcastle economy for the price we paid from Manchester.
Are Thomson just ripping off the locals in the NE.
Wils39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

this will probably be our last trip for a good few years

i can no longer justify spending so much money on a holiday and prices just keep getting higher
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 11, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread