Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
3rd Time Lucky
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
ah... those were the days... where you could actually get on and do some work rather than working out which of 20 programs you needed to use to produce the report about the work and how to use any of the macro programs and other things to get the damn thing into your corporate style...

Some "olden day" things are sadly missed...
Yes, l totally agree, 😂 when you opened the post in the morning and that was your work for the day, now there is a constant stream of emails that you can never ever get to the end of 😂
3rd Time Lucky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
It's like spinning the wheel of fortune Mick 😍
April cancelled yesterday Linda.

BA email mid-afternoon. 5 minutes looking for refund phone number, 2 minutes listening to "The Flower Duet", 5 minute chat, email confirming refund processed within seconds.

Soon be Thanksgiving

Mick

Edited at 12:32 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Sorry to hear.

BA email mid-afternoon. 5 minutes looking for refund phone number, 2 minutes listening to "The Flower Duet", 5 minute chat, email confirming refund processed within seconds.

Soon be Thanksgiving

Mick
It has to be said that right from day 1, the customer focused response from British Airways has been an awesome example to others.

They have given you plenty of notice that your flights are not going to happen, rather than a few days.

Their phone line was reasonably quick.

The refund return time will doubtless be compliant with the law.

I was cancelled in March and it was exactly the same. I have booked with them for August and in the event that it doesn’t happen, I have every confidence that they will deal with me both promptly and lawfully.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Also when I put on films made in the 80's or 90's DS 12 says do we have to watch films from the olden days? I honestly can't believe that to him these films look so dated.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
It has to be said that right from day 1, the customer focused response from British Airways has been an awesome example to others.

They have given you plenty of notice that your flights are not going to happen, rather than a few days.

I was cancelled in March and it was exactly the same. I have booked with them for August and in the event that it doesn’t happen, I have every confidence that they will deal with me both promptly and lawfully.
I must admit, BA's response has given me the confidence to keep booking as I see it as no risk at all other than a broken heart at not going anywhere lol. But some companies have been horrendous.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post

I quite like the Flower Duet from Lakme by Delibes - not just a Yorkshire lad with no culture but it was an amazingly quick phone call. He did suggest the options of refund and voucher but he certainly didn't try to avoid the refund request - I guess he sensed that I knew the law. Just be polite and firm I find usually works.

Maybe we're fated never to fly into TPA but booked with BA again for November into MCO again

Mick
Old 21 Feb 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I must admit, BA's response has given me the confidence to keep booking as I see it as no risk at all other than a broken heart at not going anywhere lol. But some companies have been horrendous.
Book your car hire with Andy at DFCH. His customer service has been exemplary over the past 12 months.

Apologies Dougie for taking your thread off topic - I have no sense of control

Mick
Old 21 Feb 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Soon be Thanksgiving

Mick
Good service from BA Mick, we changed our April one over to March 1st next year. VERY hopeful for our December one, and I reckon you'll be there for Thanksgiving 😍
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

When my kids said "who are Steps" 😄made me feel old. However eldest is supposed to be going to see them in November.

Edited at 03:17 PM.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
When my kids said "who are Steps" 😄
I'm 75 and highly likely to ask the same question. OK maybe not Steps but 90% of the artists occupying today's charts.

Mick