Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jan 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Claudette, they look great! I remember reading your report and feeling so bad for you with your poorly feet! How did you get on if these got wet? Did they dry quickly?
I’m definitely sticking with these shoes, I might get a black pair so I can alternate. It didn’t rain much in September and I don’t really remember them getting wet, although we did Splash Mtn a few times. I’d be pretty certain that they would dry out quickly though as they are so light.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Kittones
Dancing with Tink'

I would say Tevas. They are excellent for the downpours you get, and dry really quickly. They are hiking sandals, so good for walking miles and miles each day. Plus they last ages. I bought mine in 2015 and they are still going strong!
Kittones is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely teva’s, I have two pair so I can alternate the colours. But in 2018 I wore the same pair everyday. So comfortable and light. If you get wet they dry really quickly but they also don’t rub when they are wet and also grip really well.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have suffered in the past from plantar fasciitis and have switched from Skechers to New Balance trainers. No problems since.

Our Happy Place
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Loving the suggestions on this thread, I suffered on our last holiday. Blisters and a real sharp pain in my ankle, ended up wearing my other half's sliders because they were the most comfortable lol.

Looking to get myself some Sketchers go walks for next year!

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
flip flops

well worn in , sorted
I never understand how people can wear flip flops there! The toe post alone would kill me but the lack of arch support... ouch! I know plenty of people do and I'm probably the odd one out but I can't walk to the end of the road in them, let alone 10 miles around the parks
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Best advice in here is to wear something well broken in.

Personally i used to always wear nike shox, now its whatever nikes i own. A decent pair of cushioned socks (air jordans).
Old 16 Jan 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
I never understand how people can wear flip flops there! The toe post alone would kill me but the lack of arch support... ouch! I know plenty of people do and I'm probably the odd one out but I can't walk to the end of the road in them, let alone 10 miles around the parks
Honestly Birlkies are extremely comfy, they have a shaped base so are very supportive and there's a ridge which stops your foot from sliding forwards so there's no pressure or rubbing from the toe post. We've had over 20 trips to Florida and California and I've never had any problems with them. Ive just bought two new pairs ready for our next trip which I'll wear a little before we go but and probably take a pair of my favourite old ones.
I have tried other flip flops and hated them for exactly the reason you said

Edited at 03:01 PM.
Buzz242 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Buzz242 View Post
Honestly Birlkies are extremely comfy
Ah yes, I love Birkenstocks and wear them all the time in Florida! I don't think of those as flip flops though - I was thinking more of these things:

Edited at 03:21 PM.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I love Skechers, I wear them all the time, but last year I got really bad blisters on the bottom of my foot and was walking round like an idiot for a few days. They weren't Go Walks though, just another style.
Might see if I can find some proper walking shoes that aren't too 'clompy' next time
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List