Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Viking17
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
Its still crazy prices for my dates 6th August to the 25th
Although making me think out the box and it is coming out about the same cost if not a bit cheaper to fly to new york and have 2 nights there before going to orlando. Am tempted as i only work term time so have the whole of the summer holidays off, so extending trip by a couple of days would be possible...
Im talking myself into it ...
We did three nights in New York last year. Absolutely loved it and got a great price on flights. Booked boxing day with Virgin front Manchester
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Have booked. Have got the hot sweats now!
Not a fantastic price and was hoping for cheaper, but direct flights were important for us.
Booked with BA direct
Lgw-Tpa economy return
22nd July-21st August
Ford Escape
2 adults 2 children (12 and 9)
£3700
Have added 17 nights at Floridays, £200 cheaper than the pay up front price on booking.com.
Paid £200 deposit as there’s a low deposit offer on today.
Glad it’s booked! Shuddering at the price but Virgin was £3600 indirect with a car

Edited at 11:25 PM.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
Not a fantastic price and was hoping for cheaper, but direct flights were important for us.
Booked with BA direct
Lgw-Tpa economy return
22nd July-21st August
Ford Escape
£3700
Have added 17 nights at Floridays, £200 cheaper than the pay up front price on booking.com.
Glad it’s booked! Shuddering at the price but Virgin was E3600 indirect with a car
That’s not so shabby! £750 ish direct both ways. Many have paid a £900 and up.

I seriously considered booking yesterday... but I’m a glutton for punishment! I was going to ask if I would just lose the flydrive deposit if by chance prices drop a lot and I cancelled/rebooked.

Anyway, looks like I might be the last man standing at this rate. Not sure it’s gonna be worth it. ☹️

Edited at 10:33 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post

I seriously considered booking yesterday... but I’m a glutton for punishment! I was going to ask if I would just lose the flydrive deposit if by chance prices drop a lot and I cancelled/rebooked.

Anyway, looks like I might be the last man standing at this rate. Not sure it’s gonna be worth it. ☹️
I wanted to wait for a cheaper price, but know that indirect flights would be a major deal breaker for us. I’m still on the fence really. I’m just glad it was a low deposit so i’m not feeling the pinch too much.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

I wanted to wait for a cheaper price, but know that indirect flights would be a major deal breaker for us. I’m still on the fence really. I’m just glad it was a low deposit so i’m not feeling the pinch too much.
I just had a quick google and looks like you only lose deposit if you cancel. So, if an amazing deal does crop up then maybe you could cancel and rebook? Might do this myself.

Can anyone confirm that you'd just lose deposit?
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

I think you only lose the deposit if you cancel and rebook. Yesterday the deposit was £25 per person (but somehow was £200 for the 4 of us..love BA maths).
There is a time limit on that amount to “lose” though. I’ll have a look as I can’t see it on the confirmation I have. I think it was a pretty decent chunk of time though.

Edited at 08:46 AM.
Old 26 Sep 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

BA holidays require full payment by 5 weeks prior to departure, it used to be 8 weeks but was reduced a couple of years ago.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Booked with BA direct
Lgw-Tpa economy return
22nd July-21st August
Ford Escape
£3700

Glad it’s booked! Shuddering at the price but Virgin was £3600 indirect with a car
Wow a whole month that is amazing Congrats at least you can relax now
Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post

Definitely not I will be there with you for the long haul l. As much as I want to go I'm not paying these prices. Now TC has gone it looks like I will have to try indirect for the first time s it is probably going to take a lot of research x
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I cancelled BA flydrive at around a month out last year as we'd changed plans and it was cheaper to rebook (losing the deposit ) with Norwegian and DFCH and got a bonus extra two days too as well . Saved about £400 after paying for the extra two nights as well.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I cancelled BA flydrive at around a month out last year as we'd changed plans and it was cheaper to rebook (losing the deposit ) with Norwegian and DFCH and got a bonus extra two days too as well . Saved about £400 after paying for the extra two nights as well.
That is interesting. We don't want to drive but am I right that it could be better (if I can get reasonable flight prices ) to book a fly drive which seems to make the price lower and have the ability to cancel (with loss of deposit) and just not use the car? If any of this makes sense lol.
Thanks in advance
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List