Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Nov 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I have also never waited more than a few minutes to get my food and drink in a coffee shop, I’ve definitely not waited more than five.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
It’s exactly the same, bunking the queue for a seat.
You never made it clear if you meant queue jumping for rides or what the post was initially about 🤔

If you mean finding a seat at a eating establishment or coffee shop in Disney then it’s perfectly acceptable to have one member get the seat in my eyes anyway.

If I get my meal/ coffee and have no seat and see people sitting at one awaiting the other person being the food drinks I just think oh that seats / table is taken . I would never expect them to wait . It’s just the way it is in my eyes.
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GrumpyDopey&Me View Post
I am an A and will sit first. I have also told CM/staff at Uni I will not move. I have severe anxiety when a lot of people around and find the queue huddle too much for me. Once explained I am left alone. I don’t do it to annoy others I just hate to be surrounded by people which is a bit of an oxymoron for those type of holidays

Also if a whole family stood in the queue wouldn't that just make the queue ridiculously big and cause issues
Understand, the whole family doesn’t have to be in the queue, they can wait on the person in the queue
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Just came back to this thread and feel like I’ve entered the Twilight Zone 😆

As for queue jumpers - do you think these will replace the Rudolph ones this Christmas? 😉
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
And myself and the vast majority would disagree with you on what that etiquette is. As you said quite simple (apart from it's clearly not).

So without an actual store rule we'll continue to use our judgement and pick the common sense option which for us (wheelchair user, buggy, toddler and heavily pregnant with SPD) is clearly to get a table as we can't all occupy the queue.
As usual make it abstract. No one would Mind in those circumstances.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
A few weeks ago DH and I were waiting in the queue at a small Costa. We were about 4th in line and plenty behind us. When we ordered the lady pointed out a clean table for us to sit at. Our order took a few minutes. Meanwhile an elderly lady had sat down at ‘our table’ With no other empty tables the lady was asked to move as her relative was nearly at the back of the queue.

After having the table cleaned again, we sat and enjoyed our food and coffees. We had finished and on our way out when the older lady and her relative were just getting served.

I don’t know what the answer is though.
Perfect example of why not to take a table
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Just to add, things are a little different atm with COVID.
A lot of places (McDonald’s etc) when open for eating in recently, were greeting customers at the doors and directing them to a clean table. If there wasn’t one, then they’d ask you to wait or get take away.
I actually like this system tbh.

However, in normal times, when this isn’t the case, then I’m definitely in the camp of finding a table before ordering.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There was an admin post recently asking people to stop treating threads like battle zones (or words to that effect) - why does every light hearted post end up like this at the minute?
Arguing over how to have a cup of coffee for goodness sake!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
There was an admin post recently asking people to stop treating threads like battle zones (or words to that effect) - why does every light hearted post end up like this at the minute?
There are two answers, dont enter the discussion (I havent) you know how it will go.

Or

Enjoy the discussion, enjoy the arguement, understand its a forum for different views.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I don’t agree. There’s some good observations from both sides of views on the subject. It’s more of a human behavioural and the way people think and act in society problem. I think some people need rules to follow and clear signage would assist in how to act and behave in a coffee shop.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List