Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Aug 15, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Trip number 11, how much does it cost to spend 2 weeks off site?! Days 9 & 10

Day 10 is again quite short so I've combined them again...

Monday 15th – steps 15231

We had yet another late start today, I think I was still feeling slightly under the weather. We decided to head back to the outlets to do some more shopping at around 12.

We got some lunch whilst we were there – I had subway and Rob had a burger – the food court was really busy but we managed to find a table for two.

Having said that there were some mega rude people (unfortunately British) who had a table for eight and apparently wanted the whole food court. They kept pushing people out of the way and tried to take chairs away from tables (and people were sitting at them but had temporarily got up to use the restroom etc) and were generally obnoxious :angry:

Today I found myself some new Sketchers and a Kipling bag as well as some Jeans for Rob and I and some more new shirts for Rob!

We headed back to the hotel with the shopping and for a pre-park rest, no doubt we watched more HGTV – we were watching every available episode of property brothers, fixer upper and love it or list it (and others….!)

I had booked some FP for the Magic Kingdom and first up was the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I really enjoy this ride although I wouldn’t wait in a long standby line (though that is true of almost all rides) and love the detail that they have incorporated.

I actually prefer it to Big Thunder Mountain, I know it is less thrilling but I love the combination of dark ride and ‘thrills’. Plus I can happily wear my glasses and not worry about them falling off!
We decided to ride It’s a Small World next, this is another of my favourite rides despite most people not enjoying the music!

We were getting hungry so we decided to get food at Pinocchios; I had a salad (and some fries!) and Rob had a flatbread (also with fries!)

Next up we took a spin on the Tomorrowland Speedway; it had a 20 or 30 minute posted wait but was obviously shorter so we got in the line. Then we did a quick trip on the Peoplemover before making our way towards the Wishes FP area.

We got into the FP area and found a spot right at the back against a railing; we were told on entry that it would be standing for the show although you can sit while you wait.

This would appear to be a safety precaution and I would assume that standing will continue to be enforced….so if you were planning on sitting for the show then his is probably not the FP to use.

It was a little crowded in the area but much less busy than standing on Main Street and there were very few children on shoulders (which is always frustrating as you cannot predict them and find an appropriate spot).

Both Celebrate the Magic and Wishes were great and we had a clear view of Tinkerbell!

We exited the area and attempted to head up Main Street for our final FP (Main Street Electrical Parade) but we were forced up the bypass – which does go to the same place but is slightly annoying when there weren’t actually that many people on Main Street!

The FP for the MSEP was a little odd as they started taking the ropes down about 5 minutes before it started. We got a front row spot so it wasn’t an issue but I probably wouldn’t use a FP for this again.

We made a quick exit after the parade and avoided some of the crowds by catching the resort monorail back to the parking lot.

Costs:

Parking $17
Dinner at Pinocchios $31.15
2 x coke $6.37
Lunch $7.46
Lunch $10.64

Shopping:

Levi $106.47
Perry Ellis $59.22
Sketchers $170.37
Kipling $41.15

Tuesday 16th – steps 10374

Another quiet day, we popped to the Premium outlets on I drive which we rarely visit (we tend to go to the one at Vineland Avenue).

We always find parking difficult here whereas we never have a problem parking at Vineland….is there a secret parking tip that we don’t know?!

We had a wander around and got a little bit confused as the layout is different so we didn’t know where we were going!

We picked up some Sketchers for Rob’s mum (not included in our costs as she reimbursed us when we got home).

After what felt like forever we found the food court and got some lunch at Sbarro (we hardly ever find these anymore!) which was good, we each had 2 slices of pizza.

More aimless wandering and I found myself a dress at Ann Taylor and a watch at fossil. We did have a look in the Bose shop for Rob but we didn’t find anything that he wanted.

As is typical we went back to the hotel for a rest and to watch some more home and garden tv!

For dinner we decided to try out Longhorn Steakhouse, we both had a flat iron steak again but tonight we thought we would try desserts….Rob’s was ridiculously massive and we could easily have shared it. As a result he barely made a dent in it!

Costs:

Pizza for lunch? $20 ish
Dinner at Longhorn $62.42

Shopping:
Fossil $55.92
Ann Taylor $61.22

Edited at 06:34 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Another couple of great days and some fab photos

Really usefull putting your spends on - giving me a good idea for when we go next week -eek
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by academy View Post
Another couple of great days and some fab photos

Really usefull putting your spends on - giving me a good idea for when we go next week -eek
Glad that the spends are helping someone
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great pics...we LOVE the small world music kids play it on violin and trumpet lol! LOVE Sbarro pizza
Old 4 Aug 15, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great tip to use the resort monorail to miss some of the crowds back to the TTC, thanks!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Great tip to use the resort monorail to miss some of the crowds back to the TTC, thanks!
We do the quite a lot, the resort one is less crowded cos people don't realise it stops at the TTC
Old 10 Aug 15, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Interesting to hear how the new Wishes FP areas worked. A shame though, that you can't all sit down.
Thanks for posting.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 15, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Interesting to hear how the new Wishes FP areas worked. A shame though, that you can't all sit down.
Thanks for posting.
I really liked the Wishes FP, I wouldn't really want to sit but I know others do so thought it might be useful information