Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
travel insurance increase

have booked our travel insurance today with staysure as our current annual policy ended today
policy was £118 with no pre excisting issues and 15% discount on a like for like policy but has got covid19 cover
still its nearly double what we paid last year
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Our annual policy with Staysure only increased by about 4% this year - but we do pay around £850 a year

Both 74 and both post-cancer though. Unlimited medical cover if you get Covid over there so long as you don't travel against FCO advice. I check at least a dozen every year and Staysure are usually best.

Mick
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
zingy
VIP Dibber

zingy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have annual cover with All Clear. Ours this year was £915. That covers all our medical conditions,and covid.
zingy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Can I ask with the likes of staysure if I were to take out a new policy would i get COVID cover? My current annual policy does not cover COVID on cancellation if the FCO advice is in force at time of booking. I had to let go of good flights today because of this as I wasn’t sure what to do. I also want to be fully covered medically
Old 14 Oct 20, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Can I ask with the likes of staysure if I were to take out a new policy would i get COVID cover? My current annual policy does not cover COVID on cancellation if the FCO advice is in force at time of booking. I had to let go of good flights today because of this as I wasn’t sure what to do. I also want to be fully covered medically
I believe you are covered upto 14 days prior to travelling if you or a person listed in the policy gets covid.
If you catch covid whilst in the states they will cover you or anyone listed on your policy for medical or repatriation.
If you travel against FCO rules then your insurance would be invalid.

Here is the wording from my policy. I tried to copy and paste but wasn't having any of it using my phone. If you can't read it let me know and I will try on my computer later

Edited at 02:51 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
I believe you are covered upto 14 days prior to travelling if you or a person listed in the policy gets covid.
If you catch covid whilst in the states they will cover you or anyone listed on your policy for medical or repatriation.
If you travel against FCO rules then your insurance would be invalid.

Here is the wording from my policy. I tried to copy and paste but wasn't having any of it using my phone. If you can't read it let me know and I will try on my computer later
Thank you I tried to call staysure last night but they were closed. I understand you can’t travel against advice at the time of going but my insurance had the exclusion at the time of booking in the FCO advice was in place(which tbf there’s not a lot of places the advice isn’t in place!)which made me edgy! I will start to look at policies in more detail in the hope another bargain pops up - gutted though as the dates were perfect.
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Thank you I tried to call staysure last night but they were closed. I understand you can’t travel against advice at the time of going but my insurance had the exclusion at the time of booking in the FCO advice was in place(which tbf there’s not a lot of places the advice isn’t in place!)which made me edgy! I will start to look at policies in more detail in the hope another bargain pops up - gutted though as the dates were perfect.
I believe you can book your holiday whilst the FCO restrictions are in place and be covered by insurance.
I also believe that if the FCO impose a no fly restriction leading up to your travel date then again you wouldn't be covered
For that reason we are only booking accomodation, car hire etc that can be cancelled or moved within that period.
Spoke to holiday.com and they informed me that if the period between paying the balance and travelling they would move or refund the costs.
Bit of a minefield at the moment.
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

My personal view is that
a couple of hundred pounds per family for comprehensive travel insurance including COVID cover is great value for money.

Most premiums are a tiny percentage of the holiday cost but could save you thousands of pounds and a lot of stress.

I know that premiums for pre-existing conditions and over 70’s can be a lot higher but what price do you put on good emergency medical treatment if needed 4,500 miles from home ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
When I renewed Staysure in May/June cancellation if you caught Covid was specifically excluded. Then about two weeks ago I had an email saying it was now covered if caught within 14 days of travel.

We had two holidays booked (next month and April 2021) when we renewed the insurance. The FCO advice when either booking a holiday or renewing the insurance was irrelevant - FCO advice only matters if you TRAVEL against their advice then policy is void.

Mick
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
My personal view is that
a couple of hundred pounds per family for comprehensive travel insurance including COVID cover is great value for money.

Most premiums are a tiny percentage of the holiday cost but could save you thousands of pounds and a lot of stress.

I know that premiums for pre-existing conditions and over 70’s can be a lot higher but what price do you put on good emergency medical treatment if needed 4,500 miles from home ?
Linda

Ours is a little more but since we had unwanted visitors in 2009 and 2016 we've always had to face facts if we want to go.

When a night in hospital and a Band Aid over there can run into the thousands of dollars I have no intention of losing our house due to medical fees.

Mick

Edited at 10:10 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List