Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Apr 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Schualice
Trying for More Ears

Shame about FoP being the way it is, I was thinking of doing all the other rides early without Fps seeing as there would be no queues but with no chance of getting a FP for FoP, we may have to chance it with rope drop and spend all the early quiet time in the park queueing for this ride but better than waiting 3 hours later on I suppose
Schualice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We're here now & we did the following on an EMH day so 8am opening.

Arrived 7.15am, got to park entrance approx 7.25 had bag checks & swiped in. Swiped again to check we qualified for EMH before reaching the bridge infront of the tree of life. Joined the back of the hoards already on the branch to Pandora for 5 mins until the dropped the rope approx 7.45am we eventually joined the queue which seemed miles back on the board/path wrapping around the edge of Pandora but barely stopped moving & were off by 8.45am despite a 180 min wait posting as we went under the sign.

The did Tusker house breakfast. FP for Kilamanjaro & Everest. Walked the 2 other safaris. Queued 30 mins for Dinosaur & then FP for FOP.

Only thing we didn't do was Navii river which we'll do next week.
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Are you staying onsite? It's EMH at AK on the Sunday of Memorial Weekend which I think is the Sunday you mean so if you're offsite you'll presumably be allowed in at 9am, with onsite guests from 8am. I'm not sure if you've already factored this into your plans or not as this is going to make a difference to queue times I'd have thought, particularly for FOP.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Schualice
Trying for More Ears

Hi there,
it says on the busy day guide that it opens at 8am but no EMH sign showing. Does this usually happen as I know sometimes the park opens at 8am for everyone. This will be a huge contributing factor as to whether we go on that day or not as we are staying offsite. When do you think I will know if it is EMH or normal opening time for this day?
Schualice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pantaloons
slightly serious Dibber

If you are doing FoP at Rope Drop - it seems the general consensus can be up to 2hrs after. Theres no harm standing in the queue and cancelling a FP and attempting to rebook.

Remember, to leave yourself enough time around Kilimanjaro Safari - depending on traffic ahead of you, or animals on the roads, you can be delayed en route, or waiting for vehicles to return to board.

My personal opinion, (if you arent going to Flight of Passage) would be try and do Expedition Everest 1st as a walk on, its a great ride, and maybe grabbing a FP for it again later after lunch. That way you still have the option about being close should you do Kili Safari, or the Rapids.

Seeing the Lion King is a great way to relax in the air conditioned studio - so if you can plan that for anytime between 12-3pm around lunch
Pantaloons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Schualice View Post
Hi there,
it says on the busy day guide that it opens at 8am but no EMH sign showing. Does this usually happen as I know sometimes the park opens at 8am for everyone. This will be a huge contributing factor as to whether we go on that day or not as we are staying offsite. When do you think I will know if it is EMH or normal opening time for this day?
Sorry, my mistake - you're right. I'm getting it confused with Mon 28 May. Sorry to have worried you!

The positive for me is it's made me look at the park hours just now and I've seen that emh on the Mon start at 7, not 8am as I'd assumed. Will have to see how shattered we are on the day as we had planned to be there for emh at 8 but 7 may be a step too far!
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Schualice
Trying for More Ears

So hopefully Sunday will be a better day, it is the most recommended day to visit that week so that was why we decided to make it our first park. Just not sure what to do on the second day, Memorial Day...