Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Aug 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_Dreamin
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Leaving MCO step by step

Last time we flew into MCO I printed off step by step instructions for leaving the airport (with pictures) this wa so useful whilst we were waiting for the sat mac to pick up a signal - I can’t find it anywhere, has anyone used anything similar, I feel sure I found it through a link on the Dibb the first time
Always_Dreamin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Sorry I don't know where to find it ...But we did exactly the same a few years ago so I know what you mean when we followed this it was the first time we never got lost out of the airport to I Drive ..hopefully someone will come along and be able to tell you
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_Dreamin
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
Sorry I don't know where to find it ...But we did exactly the same a few years ago so I know what you mean when we followed this it was the first time we never got lost out of the airport to I Drive ..hopefully someone will come along and be able to tell you
Yes and with the pictures it was a godsend, thought i’d Kept it but now can’t find it anywhere
Always_Dreamin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Think its all covered in the DIBB Guidebook, there's a link to it at the top of this page.

This link may or may not work as I'm a bit of a technophobe!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Arr...port-p-83.html
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I do recall someone posting the video that you mean but I can't remember what they called the thread otherwise I'd have done a search for you.

If it helps in the meantime locate MCO on Google maps and zoom in and you'll see all the road directions marked on it. MCO is surrounded by a gyratory one way system like a giant roundabout. Most Dibbers use either the 528 north exit or the 417 south (us ).

If you pick your car up from garage B (us again ) you will join the gyratory and very quickly pick up the 417 south exit.

If you miss any exit don't panic just treat it like a big roundabout and drive round again.

Mick
Old 8 Aug 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

There's a good few videos on youtube. I watched one from MCO to I-drive prior to our first trip in 2015 and it was a Godsend. In fact I had it dowloaded onto my tablet as well and watched it on the flight as a last minute refresher. I had the satnav (well, Here Maps on my phone). It took the stress out of my first time driving in Florida.

The road around MCO is great; in fact I'd not thought of treating it as a roundabout and going round it more than once to get used to it. Our next trip we're staying off the 192 so I'm already familiarising myself with videos before we go next summer
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
flarocks
Proud to wear my Ears

I used to use the classic version of google maps that allowed you to print your journey step by step in text with pictures. It was fantastic alas that feature is no longer available.

This website is great at getting you familiar with the route - hope it helps

s3.tripgeo/dirmap/map.htm?from=Goteborg
flarocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
NTHYORKS
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Always_Dreamin View Post
Last time we flew into MCO I printed off step by step instructions for leaving the airport (with pictures) this wa so useful whilst we were waiting for the sat mac to pick up a signal - I can’t find it anywhere, has anyone used anything similar, I feel sure I found it through a link on the Dibb the first time
Hi 'Always Dreamin' I used to look at this too for exiting the airport it was great. I can't find it either on here now, but I do have a printed copy (I keep everything), if you want I can scan it and email over to you? Send mea message with you email and I will do it on monday.
NTHYORKS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post

We got here yesterday afternoon
It was not as bad as last time but still very busy
Off plane reasonably early, decent sized queues at immigration ,got bags off carasoul number 2 which was not too long a wait, walked fast to monorail. If you are on the one on your left then try to get by the door on the other side as you get off quicker. We headed for B as suggested by someone, down a few escalators ,up one then out to car park for Alamo car . That was quick but please make sure you have your documents ready to show the nice people at the car park exit.
Have to say it was rather simple and not that bad at all.
I would say it took us 1.5 hours to get out of airport which is much better than I thought it would be
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by flarocks View Post
I used to use the classic version of google maps that allowed you to print your journey step by step in text with pictures. It was fantastic alas that feature is no longer available.

This website is great at getting you familiar with the route - hope it helps

s3.tripgeo/dirmap/map.htm?from=Goteborg
That is one of the best things I've ever seen on the Net. Thanks for posting