Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Aug 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
This car hire increase is worrying.

If it's still expensive then it's a gamble between taking the price from BA now or hoping for a cheaper price elsewhere after booking.

Annoying as fly drives have always been a good deal for us.
I got a good price with Virgin holidays last time we went just for car hire. They were the cheapest. £550 ish for 22 days intermediate SUV.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
This car hire increase is worrying.

If it's still expensive then it's a gamble between taking the price from BA now or hoping for a cheaper price elsewhere after booking.

Annoying as fly drives have always been a good deal for us.
It's not long to wait for the sale. Hang in there!

I'll bet my left Mickey ear that they were trying out the cheap car pricing last week in preparation for the sale. I could be wrong but worst case is £750 flight only at xmas rather than £650-700 now. Worth the small risk to get a free car IMO.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SESH
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Sorry, currently on holiday in Mexico with the DW and DS x 2 and so only just got the wifi sorted out. So if I’ve missed this already being said, apologies, but the Virgin Atlantic sale is now on. I take it everyone knows? The problem for me it doesn’t go out to late July to August 2020 for my dates.
Florida Pines June 2011
High Grove June 2016
SESH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
It's not long to wait for the sale. Hang in there!

I'll bet my left Mickey ear that they were trying out the cheap car pricing last week in preparation for the sale. I could be wrong but worst case is £750 flight only at xmas rather than £650-700 now. Worth the small risk to get a free car IMO.
I've never bought in the sale. Always bought (For last 2 weeks of August) as soon as they come on sale. I've never found them to go down from that price really.

Anyway, still a few weeks before my dates come up!
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just messing with some dummies in skyscanner and saw MAN-MCO out on 14 July, returning 1 August for £623 each but not including baggage. Just in case it helps anyone!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Anybody done the MAN-FRA-MCO route with Luthansa as our dates (29th July - 14th August) are coming in at £2500 (family of 4). 16 hour journey and wondered what's it like?
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lazzareo View Post
Anybody done the MAN-FRA-MCO route with Luthansa as our dates (29th July - 14th August) are coming in at £2500 (family of 4). 16 hour journey and wondered what's it like?
You’ll be able to get it cheaper than that I reckon without going via Frankfurt. I’d wait a bit.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
I’ve done it from Birmingham. It was fine, I paid £1550 for 1ad 2ch. The flight times were really good, (food was awful!) but the Frankfurt part was stressful because both first legs were delayed. We arrived late into MCO and took 3 hours from landing to picking up the car - May have been bad luck, though.

I will book it again for up to £600 per person and there aren’t other options I prefer the look of; it wouldn’t be my first choice
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Mobile

I would be looking at paying around that for a direct flight from
Manchester - certainly not indirect via Germany!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dummydaydream
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I would be looking at paying around that for a direct flight from
Manchester - certainly not indirect via Germany!
Is it really possible to get that price direct from Manchester in early school summer holidays? Virgin and TC seem to be closer to 4K when I’ve been looking.
Dummydaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List