Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 10, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

i say avoid

Hi, we just come back from 5 days at disney paris and and have been to florida 3 times before and i will never go back to paris. it is grubby, with cigarette butts on the floor every where, litter being left, graffiti in the waiting areas of rides esp on the haunted mansion. the french pushing and shoving and really poor cust service in the shops as no one wants to look at you. we complained to the manager of hotel cheyene and she said that its the culture difference. also this is the reason why the rides never get updated as they do in usa. the cost of food is huge so all i can say is avoid because you will be dissapointed if youve been to Walt disney world.

It is almost like dlp and wdw are run by 2 different companies, i would rather save and back to florida anyday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Have to say we have been to DLP twice & we have been disapointed twice.
We, like you thought people were rude, hated people walking about smoking or standing in queues smoking ! Food was very expensive & not always that great imho.
We would not go back as it is just so expensive & if you have been to WDW then you can't help but compare.
Sorry you didn't have a good holiday.x
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
shamu1
Imagineer

shamu1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
sorry you didnt have a good time. we are going to dlp in dec this is the first time we have been in 9 years but have been to florida every year.
Old 15 Nov 10, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
VIP Dibber

aydeepee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by ROO View Post
Have to say we have been to DLP twice & we have been disapointed twice.
We, like you thought people were rude, hated people walking about smoking or standing in queues smoking ! Food was very expensive & not always that great imho.
We would not go back as it is just so expensive & if you have been to WDW then you can't help but compare.
Sorry you didn't have a good holiday.x
I couldnt have put it better myself - ALL my thoughts entirely!

No matter how hard u try - you cannot help but compare it to Orlando.

The bottom line is that the parks themselves are Disney but the hosts simply cannot do good customer service and cannot appreciate 'what good looks like' - hence the smoking, rudeness and expense.

We stayed at the Sequoa Lodge and some of the stadff were downright offensive!

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater / 1996 - I-Drive / 2006 - DLP / 2007 - I-Drive / 2008 - I-Drive & RPR / 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) / 2011 - RPR / 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) / Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour / Sept 2022 - Cape, Beach & Parks + IAN! / Sept 2024 - hoping to avoid Ian v2 *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by aydeepee View Post
I couldnt have put it better myself - ALL my thoughts entirely!

No matter how hard u try - you cannot help but compare it to Orlando.

The bottom line is that the parks themselves are Disney but the hosts simply cannot do good customer service and cannot appreciate 'what good looks like' - hence the smoking, rudeness and expense.

We stayed at the Sequoa Lodge and some of the stadff were downright offensive!
Is it really that hard to visit somewhere with an open mind? I have never thought so

Again, what you're passing comment on is the CULTURE not the parks, yes, the french may come accross rude, it's their culture, this should be a given before you even enter the country!
As for the expense, all Disney parks are expensive... i think some people on this thread are just trying to use it as another negative towards DLP and are forgetting that DLP seems more expensive because of the poor exchange rate, not because DLP is just more expensive than any other park.
Old 15 Nov 10, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaFabry
Proud to wear my Ears

DonnaFabry's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SJEH :0) View Post
As for the expense, all Disney parks are expensive... i think some people on this thread are just trying to use it as another negative towards DLP and are forgetting that DLP seems more expensive because of the poor exchange rate, not because DLP is just more expensive than any other park.
I agree with this. Everyone I speak to says this. The exchange rate really does not help the cost of food etc. You always get expensive and poor quality food in theme parks even in the UK

Donna
DonnaFabry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
VIP Dibber

aydeepee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by SJEH :0) View Post
Is it really that hard to visit somewhere with an open mind? I have never thought so

Again, what you're passing comment on is the CULTURE not the parks, yes, the french may come accross rude, it's their culture, this should be a given before you even enter the country!
My comments were mainly re the quality of service and, yes, a level of expectancy re the Disney ethic that encapsulates service.

I can visit places with an open mind but I have to re-iterate that my experience was poor and yes, on this site, you cant help but compare DLP to Orlando (just as you would Universal California to Universal Orlando) - partricularly when you have a poor experience.

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater / 1996 - I-Drive / 2006 - DLP / 2007 - I-Drive / 2008 - I-Drive & RPR / 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) / 2011 - RPR / 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) / Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour / Sept 2022 - Cape, Beach & Parks + IAN! / Sept 2024 - hoping to avoid Ian v2 *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

if you go to DLP with the fact that ur in france in your mind you will think of it as a totally different experience, we went back in august, and we had no expectations, and tried very hard not to compare it as it just isnt florida, we enjoyed it for what it was, sorry you really didnt like it, I dont know if we'd hurry back either, but it was an experience, and I think people shoud try it out for themselves,
Our ds really enjoyed it, as we all did, we werent at home!
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by mickeymouse 09 View Post
It is almost like dlp and wdw are run by 2 different companies, i would rather save and back to florida anyday.
This is pretty much the case, the Disney company only actually owns about 40% of DLP.
The resort is run by Euro Disney S.C.A, with another 10% owned by a Saudi prince and the other 50% by various shareholders.
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to hear you didnt have a good time, We have been to DLP 4 times and Florida 10 times, We visited Florida first, there really is no camparison, We also find it very grubby, cast members rude, food expensive and the overall atmosphere just isnt there for us, plus the hotels just lack the Disney feel! I doubt very much if we'll ever return to DLP, it's fine for a short get away, 2/3 nights is fine occasionally, but we could never visit on a regular basis, there just isnt enough there to justify returning, I think you have to look at DLP for what it is... a short break untill you can return to Orlando! :-) X.X
Closed Thread