Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Mar 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Universal

Hi,

Just curious as to how many days you dedicate to visiting the Universal parks.

We’ve only ever done Disney in the past.

Thanks 😊
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

It depends on your party and interests! We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We did four days at Universal during our two week trip. But, we are massive Harry Potter fans so spent a day and a bit around those areas. We also didn’t really have a plan for Universal and had Express Passes for three of the days so we wandered around and got on rides as we wanted. Our teenage kids much preferred the rides at Universal, apart from the headliner FoP and RotR!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I usually go on solo trips, and no longer do Universal on every trip.

When I do Universal I tend to get a one day two park ticket with an Express pass, and do both parks in a day. I will miss out on certain attractions this way, but usually manage to get on most rides I want to do with Express pass.

For reference - the last time I did this was November last year. My day looked like this (using Express pass where possible):
8.10am: arrived at Universal
9am: IoA opened
9am-10.40am: queued for Hagrid's and rode Hagrid's. This included the fact that Hagrid's broke down and only started running around 10am.
Flight of the Hippogriff
Jurassic Park
Skull Island Kong
Spiderman
Hulk
Rip Ride Rockit
Jimmy Fallon
Mummy
Fast and Furious (NOT recommended, total waste of time)
Gringott's
Late lunch at Three Broomsticks
Hogwarts Express from King's Cross to Hogsmeade
High in the Sky
Cat in the Hat
Forbidden Journey
Hogwarts Express from Hogsmeade to King's Cross
Ollivander's show
This was around 6pm, then wandered around Diagon Alley then Hogsmeade until park close.

On this trip the major things I think I missed out on was the Simpson's area, Men in Black, Minions, Transformers, ET, some of the shows in Universal Studios. I did get a decent amount of time in the Harry Potter areas on this one day. I think if I had two days with Express pass I would have covered almost everything I wanted inside the parks.
Old 4 Mar 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you both. I’m trying to work out if we would actually need a 14 day ticket, seems a waste if we would only go a couple of days.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We did 5 nights staying on site the first time we went last year and could have done more. That includes the water park and no express passes. I would say it will also depend on how much you like Harry Potter too.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
Thank you both. I’m trying to work out if we would actually need a 14 day ticket, seems a waste if we would only go a couple of days.
We had a 14 day ticket as it meant we could use it across the holiday - I think if you went for a few days tickets it was to be used within 7 days if I remember rightly. Worth looking at anyway
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List