Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jan 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I can completely understand why they’ve chosen to do this but it’s not going to stop public interest in their lives.
I can’t see that any of the media intrusion is going to go away.
You’d have to made of strong stuff to marry into the royal family. The boys didn’t ask for any of it so they’re lumbered but to actually choose that? You’d have to be really sure you could cope.
Kate seems to be made for the job.
I’ve never seen suits so have no idea if Meghan is a good actress or not but maybe she’s just feeling stifled and wants to get back to her real job/life?
I don’t imagine you can fully prepare for the reality of being married to a Prince
I watched Suits so knew of her when Harry introduced her to the public , she played a great role in the series, lovely character and I would say she is a good actress , maybe too good 😉😂 i was really pleased for them both but stupid me thought she was sweet little Rachel from Suits and she appeared that way until they got married . There is no doubt that the press were on their tale but sometimes you reap what you sow and when you are in the public eye as prominent as they are you know darned well that you will be scrutinised over your decisions , maybe the public just expected too much from them when they wanted to be private but they soon lost the warmth from the public that was there when she was first introduced , that doesn't happen for no reason and the press can't be blamed for all of it .
I too think that their card is already marked and the press will continue to hound them for any snippets they can get, very sad really but I just think they could have handled things better and might then have got some sympathy in the process .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Good for them leaving, the press have treated them badly.
Not much said in the press about Prince Andrew... or that Prince William, the future king, having an affair.. that is all swept under the carpet
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Not much said in the press about Prince Andrew... or that Prince William, the future king, having an affair.. that is all swept under the carpet
Prince William had an affair? Really? Is this true?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Prince William had an affair? Really? Is this true?
IT was in the news a few years back, so it must be true, as everything about Meghan is true that is written in the press ...
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I guess there's acceptable news , unacceptable news and non proven news.
This is definitely the least unsavoury.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
It’s not their right. They can’t just pick and chose whatever they feel like doing! They would need permission from the Queen and other senior royals
And the Palace are now trying to sort out " a workable solution " whatever that means , my interpretation is they want to try and somehow keep them in The Firm , which surely would result in letting them pick duties that suited them .
I think this drama is far from over when they leave, or should I say when Harry leaves as Meghan has already left .
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I watched Suits so knew of her when Harry introduced her to the public , she played a great role in the series, lovely character and I would say she is a good actress , maybe too good 😉😂 i was really pleased for them both but stupid me thought she was sweet little Rachel from Suits and she appeared that way until they got married . There is no doubt that the press were on their tale but sometimes you reap what you sow and when you are in the public eye as prominent as they are you know darned well that you will be scrutinised over your decisions , maybe the public just expected too much from them when they wanted to be private but they soon lost the warmth from the public that was there when she was first introduced , that doesn't happen for no reason and the press can't be blamed for all of it .
I too think that their card is already marked and the press will continue to hound them for any snippets they can get, very sad really but I just think they could have handled things better and might then have got some sympathy in the process .
I do think they should have had everything signed and sealed before they went public with this!
We have no idea how reasonable or unreasonable the family are though do we?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Not much said in the press about Prince Andrew... or that Prince William, the future king, having an affair..that is all swept under the carpet
That old chestnut again 😴😴😴😴
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

IT was in the news a few years back, so it must be true, as everything about Meghan is true that is written in the press ...
I can’t imagine that at all. Not that I’d have a clue! 😆

Old 10 Jan 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I do think they should have had everything signed and sealed before they went public with this!
We have no idea how reasonable or unreasonable the family are though do we?
Apparently they had spoken to the Queen but the Sun were about to leak the story so they jumped the gun on the official announcement.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread