Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Feb 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

Thanks all for your comments. Certainly the Jazz seems a well loved car.

I did go for a test drive in 2015 automatic.

Now, taking into account my current car is around 25 years old, you can imagine my shock when I sit behind the wheel and everything is digital and mind boggling

Yes I kept going for the clutch, lol. Also kept trying to wiggle the automatic stick to check it was in neutral . But am sure would get used to it.

What I did find a bit off putting was I could not see any of the bonnet at all, nothing. I altered the seat so I could just see part of the bonnet but my head was only an inch or so off the roof.

When I got back into my own car (Vauxhall Astra) I found I could only just see my bonnet, but if I craned my neck I could see quite a bit which made parking forwards easy. I could not see any extra bonnet craning my neck in the Jazz.

I am a rubbish parker anyway. I think I am about to hit the wall then find I am still three feet away.

I just got a bit worried that driving in a traffic queue I may bump the car in front, not knowing where the bonnet ended. Silly I know ...but that is how I felt.

I think that with the automatic being new, made me unsure of the car. Plus all the gadgets and buttons and heck, it was a maze. The windscreen angle and the extra deep dash made me feel even further away from the front of the car.

Now having said that. I have had a night to dwell on it all and having a manual car will suit my slow learning ability! It will be enough to learn everything else … remember I am now driving a 25 year old car ……

But on further searching I came across a lovely red 2016 Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC EX that has front and rear parking sensors, rear camera, (both of which the 2015 did not have) this that and the other. And it is manual.

It has done 22,500 miles opposed to the 2015 which had only done 3,100 miles! yet it is the same price. This will probably be the very last car I have (assuming it lives as long as the Astra) as it will outlive my driving years.

Have requested test drive of the 2016 and in my mind I have already decided I will buy it, assuming it all goes well.

So ….. hoping to join the happy Jazzers before too long

Again thanks.
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
my 2016 Jazz has the front and back sensors. I know what you mean about seeing the front of the bonnet - same for me too, however, I soon got used to it though I do not try and squeeze into parking spaces (like you I am not the best). Does ours have a rear view camera as well - that is a good thing though I do not rely on it.

Automatic - well I refused to even think of it for so many years and then 4 years ago I actually went for it for my main car (Mirage) - you soon get used to it and I would never now willingly go back to manual - I soon stopped looking for the clutch etc but it is funny as every now and again as I get to a junction my hand shoots out to change gear or the foot tries to seek the clutch!

I think if you go for it you will love it
meggy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by meggy View Post
I think if you go for it you will love it
They are bringing the car round tomorrow for me to test drive. So fingers crossed I am sure I would have got used to the automatic, but with so much else to get used to … even the heating controls were so totally different. I sort of felt I would be spending so much time glancing down at the dash that my mind would not be able to concentrate on all that plus automatic etc. I just want an easy life now at my age, hahah! I find with modern technology today, there are so many options with things I never ever use and never need to use, that just turning a dial did seem to make life so much simpler
Anyway, never having had an automatic, I am not going to miss it . Perhaps if the 2015 hd the parking sensors etc that may have swayed me but ……

The 2016 is also a lovely bright red Always wanted a bright red car
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

Well it has just been delivered 2016 manual Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC EX. I love it! , photo not brilliant but ….
Old 26 Feb 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Result looks great. We have the 2016 in metallic black. Local Honda keep asking me if I want to part with it. No Thankyou!
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CrochetFreak View Post
Well it has just been delivered
Looks fab !
Pino_Spetzberg is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List