Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile Tell me about May/June?!

We usually go at Easter and have pushed this Easter back to October but I’m not sure if we will be going given all the current changes. Next possible time would be 22/5/21-12/6/21... I know nothing of this time!

- how does the weather / crowds compare to Easter?
- is that lovebug time?
- do we think things might be a bit more ‘normal’ by then? (We stay offsite and have autistic DS so we have to have plans firmed in advance. We can’t go if we have to hopefully book a slot to enter the parks as it wouldn’t be worth it being bottom of the pile as offsite guests!)

Thanks!
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post

You will be there for memorial weekend which could be busy, but it will not be as busy as Easter.

I have been in February, April, May and September. I have only seen lovebugs on the September trip, but having just googled they are supposed to be out in May too I have only been early May though, perhaps they are out later, in which case yes it is a possibility.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida White
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi who knows what normal will be like but hopefully we will be nearly there. May is a great time. It’s definitely not as busy as Easter apart from the Bank Holiday weekend. Very warm and crowds are manageable. You do start to get a few afternoon storms but it just cools things down. Long days of sunshine and worth a few trips to the beach. Even if there are restrictions the number of park places will certainly outweigh the number of guests. Just a waiting game at the moment to see how the parks all run when they open.
Florida White is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Interesting that it could be quieter than what I’m used to (although will there be any quiet time next year?!)

I’m most concerned about love bugs actually - I can’t find out when they are around and my autistic son would probably freak out if they covered him!
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahmarie173
Apprentice Imagineer

we have been in may, I don't recall seeing any love bugs, the weather was very warm but with manageable crowds, it wasn't as packed as easter and major holidays
Old 29 May 20, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lpf View Post
Interesting that it could be quieter than what I’m used to (although will there be any quiet time next year?!)

I’m most concerned about love bugs actually - I can’t find out when they are around and my autistic son would probably freak out if they covered him!
I saw them a lot in September, but they didn’t land on us at any time. They are not in huge swarms.

Easter is the second busiest time of the year, so you will almost certainly find it less crowded. I am in two minds over crowd levels generally next year. I think it could just as easily be less crowded because of a worsening economy and a reduced experience.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List