Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 8 Feb 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I was off uni for the day on Wednesday and started watching this. I managed the whole series in a day, which is unheard of for me since having the kids. I loved it. Well worth watching.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We have just watched the first 2 episodes and would be watching more if we didn’t have to go out, it’s brilliant.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We watched the whole series today!
I’ve had a funny old 4 weeks and am unapologetic about how lazy that is! It was much needed.
We really enjoyed it.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
We watched the whole series today!
I’ve had a funny old 4 weeks and am unapologetic about how lazy that is! It was much needed.
We really enjoyed it.
We watched the whole series yesterday too. Unusual for us having a Saturday afternoon/evening to ourselves and after a busy week it was just what we needed. We thought it was really good. Being Southerners though couldn’t work out where it was supposed to be set.

I read the book a few years ago and thought that was good too.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
We watched the whole series yesterday too. Unusual for us having a Saturday afternoon/evening to ourselves and after a busy week it was just what we needed. We thought it was really good. Being Southerners though couldn’t work out where it was supposed to be set.

I read the book a few years ago and thought that was good too.
Sometimes you really do just need a day like that.

We decided on Liverpool 🤔

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

finished it last night seems they left it open for a another season, ending did seem a tad rushed

initially thought it was filmed in liverpool but settled on manchester area ?

pity Jennifer Saunders wasnt actually in it that much but plenty twists / turns

agree everyone seemed to live in a mansion but never work and have kids at what seemed to be hogwarts !

novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It was mostly Manchester, street scenes around the Cathedral but also in surrounding areas.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ryanlaur
Very Serious Dibber

We started watching it yesterday evening and have just watched the remaining episodes. We thoroughly enjoyed it but did think the ending was a little too far fetched! Definitely not the ending we were expecting!

My son says some of the filming is around Stockport town centre and the Northern Quarter in Manchester for those that are interested!
ryanlaur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
joanne42
Getting Excited

Mobile

The only good thing to come ftom the storm today, perfect day to binge watch the whole series ,not normally one for doing this but was gripped
Now deciding what to watch next ?
joanne42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The house was in Didsbury. Some of the scenes were in Spinningfield, and I think there was one up near Strangeways. Unfortunately Manchester is rarely that sunny!