Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 5 Apr 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Day 12 California Adventure Park..

The park opened at 8am today but I had no chance of getting DH and Connor there for park opening ;-)

Got up about 7.30 got ready and had breakfast in the hotel. For free its decent enough, then we walked to Disneyland, takes about 10 mins.

Tbh getting there at 9.30 was probably a good thing we didn't have to queue to get in where as last year we got there for park opening and had to wait ages to get in.

I expected the parks to be busier this week as its Spring Break so we didn't expect to walk on rides like last year.. But the most we queued was 40 mins and most were a lot less.

I knew the FP for Radiator Springs would be long gone so we headed to Luigi's ride first and queued about 10 mins.. then we headed to Radiator Springs Racers, queues were around 2 hrs all day . No ride is that good imo so we used the single rider line, we were off the ride within 10 mins of arriving. So we rode again
Then it was over to the Mater ride again about 10 mins to wait and after that we carried on around the parks.

I did get FP's for World of Color and Soarin. Stopped for lunch near the Soarin ride, 4 burger meals for $50 and they were pretty good .

We knew it was due to rain today and it did, Come 2pm it started but in someways it was a good thing as the park emptied out, Chloe and I bought ponchos' the others didn't and we carried on . Did rides including Little Mermaid Toy Story, Big Wheel, etc some several times.

I asked a CM if there were any parades today and was told no the only parade was the Main Street Electrical in the other park..

Surprising how time passes , Had a wander into some shops and I bought the Pandora 2017 charm. Popped into Starbucks for drinks and snacks, so cold in there though so we didn't hang around.

Rain had eased off now which was good as I knew World of Color would go ahead.

As it was getting dark, Carsland lit up and it looks so nice at night so we had a wander around there. Radiator Springs Racers was closed due to the rain, However it opened up whilst we were in there. Queue a mad rush and boom the queue was almost 2 hrs again. So we rode the single rider and didn't wait at all. Radiator Springs at night is probably the best ride I've been on.

( We did miss the Tower of Tower and I'm not at all keen on what I saw of the new theme it looks tacky imo)..

World of Color was due to start at 9pm so we wandered around and rode the Little Mermaid again then found a spot in the yellow zone.
Enjoyed the show as always :-)
Park closed afterwards so we left when the show finished at 9.30pm .

We were hungry again so headed to the Denny's over the road, it was busy as it always is when the parks close but we were seated quickly and didn't have to wait too long for food.

Walked back to the hotel and went to bed around 11pm

Steps walked 21616 / 11.22km
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Old 5 Apr 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
As it was getting dark, Carsland lit up and it looks so nice at night so we had a wander around there. Radiator Springs at night is probably the best ride I've been on.
Love to do that sounds fantastic.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Love to do that sounds fantastic.
Its fab, I think Chloe video'd going round in the dark I'll see if I can get if off her and upload it.
Old 7 Apr 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't wait to visit Disneyland next year... The cars theming looks fab. If we can't get fast passes we may well do single rider too. Looks like you had a great day.
nickyjw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
We had a fab day, From what I can make out to get a FP you need to be there first thing.

But tbh single rider was fine, I can understand with small kids you need to be with them, but with teens they are ok to ride alone..
Old 8 Apr 17, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Excellent Disney day. Breaks my heart to see tot being changed like that,it's our favourite ride,how dare they :angry: yay for the cars single rider,the only way we ride it now
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Love Radiator Springs at night. Really enjoy the dancing waitresses with the disco car, DJ, at sundown.
Just wish they had built Carsland at DHS instead of Toy Story.

Edited at 02:42 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
Excellent Disney day. Breaks my heart to see tot being changed like that,it's our favourite ride,how dare they :angry: yay for the cars single rider,the only way we ride it now
Its awful... just looks so tacky... :-(

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Love Radiator Springs at night. Really enjoy the dancing waitresses with the disco car, DJ, at sundown.
Just wish they had built Carsland at DHS instead of Toy Story.

Because it rained we only saw Red (is that the fire engine) on the move, but last year we saw DJ, Mater, Lightning McQueen.. Its brilliant I wish it had been around when Connor was younger and into CARS.