Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 16, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Hmm... This was a question I raised with my husband 2 nights ago. We are looking at booking our first DCL cruise for 2017 (summer med) and I had persuaded him of the benefits of using a US TA, after reading about them on here. Now with the exchange rate fluctuating I'm concerned about taking a risk. I suppose we could 'win' booking before the election and then not needing to pay it off until next year. Btw when do you usually need to pay the balance by?
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Hmm... This was a question I raised with my husband 2 nights ago. We are looking at booking our first DCL cruise for 2017 (summer med) and I had persuaded him of the benefits of using a US TA, after reading about them on here. Now with the exchange rate fluctuating I'm concerned about taking a risk. I suppose we could 'win' booking before the election and then not needing to pay it off until next year. Btw when do you usually need to pay the balance by?
It's normally about 3-4 months. It's a risk worth taking for us, but understand it's not for everyone.
Old 26 Feb 16, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
It's normally about 3-4 months. It's a risk worth taking for us, but understand it's not for everyone.
Thanks. In that case it could pay off for us.
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 16, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

Can someone explain the upside of booking say , a med cruise with celebrity, using a us ta as opposed to a uk one please,im obviously missing out.
Libbyimo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 16, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Libbyimo View Post
Can someone explain the upside of booking say , a med cruise with celebrity, using a us ta as opposed to a uk one please,im obviously missing out.
Generally they give better t&cs plus OBC and greater customer service
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 16, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

We booked onboard for this years transatlantic due to pay the balance in May currently it will cost about £400 more at 1.35 than it would at £1.55! As we booked onboard this will wipe out the 10% discount (for booking on board) we still have the onboard credit and the hope it might go up a bit? 🙏

I would never book with a U.S. travel agent but would maybe take the gamble of onboard booking as you have the 10% to play with.

Also in the future I would pay it all when it was at a good rate and not wait.

Also in the grand scheme of things it's not gonna break the bank !

Edited at 08:12 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 16, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm thinking booking now at the current rates it might work out as it surely can't go much lower... Hoping to book in the next month for July 2017. Whether I'm brave enough is another thing?!
Old 27 Feb 16, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My sister booked direct with disney in the UK and got a very good $ rate but they quote in £s so the price is locked in.
Old 27 Feb 16, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by becsluvssw View Post
My sister booked direct with disney in the UK and got a very good $ rate but they quote in £s so the price is locked in.
I think I'll compare the 2 when the prices are released.
Old 27 Feb 16, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
I think I'll compare the 2 when the prices are released.
Yes good idea, last year we booked a package though Virgin inc flights, disney stay dining plan, cruise, Miami hotel,car hire we could just not get anywhere close to the price (it really was an amazing deal!) doing DIY or through other providers, so I think you have to look at the time and see which suits you better, if you require flexibility to change booking then US travel agent if not ( we never do) then look around and book what's best for you.
Closed Thread