Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Oct 16, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Idiot proof explanation of fast passes

Just booked our second trip to Florida today. First trip was in 2008 and cannot remember having to pre book fast passes. We just used the machines at the park.

We haven't purchased park tickets yet but was hoping to leave that to closer to when we go. (August 20th 2017) but looks like I will have to look into it sooner than i thought with booking fast passes to consider.

So how does it work? Where do we book these ? Do we book for the whole of our 2 week holiday before going? How do we know which rides are worth the fast passes?

So much to consider

There is me, my husband, daughter (10) and son ( 1) going.
Obviously my son can't go on most of the rides so how do I organise passes so that at least one parent can go on with my daughter and not have the parent who waits with my son going on their own .

Not sure I have explained that properly but hopes it makes sense

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
churchy
Apprentice Imagineer

Depends on if you are staying on site or not as to when you can book fast passes.
Onsite guests can book earlier than off.
We were off so we could book 30 days ahead.
This means on 30th June you can cook 30th July.
Then next day you can book the next.
You can book 3 a day. You can only book one park a day.
We changed our minds on what parks to visit when out there and simply changed our choices through the app. You can also change on the day in the park at booths because people cancel and swap all the time.
Before using it I thought it was stupid. But after I realised it ensured we got on more premium rides.
churchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

You can book fast passes for the 3 of you for a rude, then use baby swap so your dd can ride with each parent.
You will find that your baby can actually go on most of the rides at Disney. 80% are family friendly rides suitable for any age. There are 2 or 3 rides in each park which are more of a thrill ride where you will need to swap.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks all
Better start shopping around for tickets
Good to know that my son can get on some rides. He will only be two weeks away from his second birthday when we get back.

Looks like I will not be off this site for the next 10 months
Old 25 Oct 16, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If you're not thinking of going until August next year, then you still have plenty of time. At the earliest (i.e. if staying at a Disney hotel), you'll only be able to book fastpasses in mid-June next year. So you still have nearly 8 months to go.

For an overview of Fastpass+, read the following DIBB guidebook page:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Disn...s--p-1042.html

Before you can book any fastpass, you need to set yourself up a Disney account. This is often called a "My Disney Experience" (or MDE) account. You can create that now - you don't have to wait until next year.

Once you get your park tickets, you will link them to your MDE account and then assign them to each member of your group. Once that's done, and you reach your Fastpass+ window, then you'll be able to prebook your fastpasses. See the following for an idea of the booking process:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Fast...al-p-1393.html

(I think the above is now out of date and instead you book each fastpass separately rather than 3 at a time. Still, it gives you a rough idea of the process).

Overall, the new fp system does take more effort to configure before you go than the old fp system. But that means less time spent rushing to the fastpass machines on the day when in the parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ronoli14 View Post
Just booked our second trip to Florida today. First trip was in 2008 and cannot remember having to pre book fast passes. We just used the machines at the park.

We haven't purchased park tickets yet but was hoping to leave that to closer to when we go. (August 20th 2017) but looks like I will have to look into it sooner than i thought with booking fast passes to consider.

So how does it work? Where do we book these ? Do we book for the whole of our 2 week holiday before going? How do we know which rides are worth the fast passes?

So much to consider

There is me, my husband, daughter (10) and son ( 1) going.
Obviously my son can't go on most of the rides so how do I organise passes so that at least one parent can go on with my daughter and not have the parent who waits with my son going on their own .

Not sure I have explained that properly but hopes it makes sense

Thanks
Follow Nimbus' fine post.

Just a quick point worth spelling out, once your pre-booked fast-passes have been used up, you can still book more for the same day. If you don't have a smartphone on you, you can still use the special booths dotted around the parks. Also some CMs carry tablets, and they can book them for you.

So you can have fast-passes for the morning, and when they are used you can book another for the afternoon and keep repeating that process into the evening.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

The DIBB guide has a comprehensive section on Fastpass Plus:

Information Page: http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Disn...s--p-1042.html

FAQ: http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Fast...AQ-p-1334.html
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks all for the detailed information.
Now to decide which parks we want to do 😀😀
Old 27 Oct 16, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

I'm an idiot

I can help

theres a little mini guide in my footer - with pictures for the extra thick like me!

was from earlier in the year - but did I say with pics - so you don't have to imagine what it looks like - and keep your imagination free to talk to giant rabbits - and I had a 2yo too... so he woosed out on a lot of big rides - he kept blaming his height but I wasn't buying it...

I can sum it up in one word - Rider Swap!

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 11:39 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread