Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 19 Apr 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick4053
Excited about Disney

Mobile Harley-Davidson parts

Anyone recommend a Harley shop to go to , and if so did you find parts cheaper than UK .
I’m after a luggage rack and sissy bar and a few other bits for my street 750
Thanks
mick4053 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick4053 View Post
Anyone recommend a Harley shop to go to , and if so did you find parts cheaper than UK .
Thanks
Donr know where thw best HD place is. Have you considered getting those things custom made and have a unique bike to your own design?😉

Edited at 04:32 PM. Reason: adding more
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick4053
Excited about Disney

It’s not a long term bike , I’ll be selling next year as I only bought it on a whim to see if I fancied getting back into bikes.
So I’ll be after something bigger for next year.
It’s £195 here I can get generic for £125 but would rather get real thing if cheaper over there when over in July
mick4053 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks
Ok. I'm pretty sure the parts are cheaper over there but the shippong is very expensive. My husband is a custom bike builder and engraver. He's had a lot of HD derby covers he's engraved for customers. Have you looked on eBay? If the parts don't need to be brand new that may be a cheaper option?
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick4053
Excited about Disney

Ah , hence the custom build option.
If it was a long term bike I’d quite happily go down that route.
I wish I had the skill set to do that sort of work.
As I say I’m over in July and it’s about time I trudge the family round some shops I like - and I can pick my next bike
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Ah , hence the custom build option.
If it was a long term bike I’d quite happily go down that route.
I wish I had the skill set to do that sort of work.
As I say I’m over in July and it’s about time I trudge the family round some shops I like - and I can pick my next bike
I often look at the work he does and wonder how... especially the engraving. Take a look at his website at the engraving he does. It's not everyone's cup of tea but the artistry is WOW (bias wife lol).
Absolulty make your family spend time in your favourite shops 😉 If you're ever after any advise I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Old 20 Apr 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick4053
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Has he done any racks with sissy bar for the Harley xg750 street- and would he be interested in doing one ?
If so would he have an idea of price?
What’s his website address ?
Cheers
Mick
Old 21 Apr 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridalovermcg
Proud to wear my Ears

There is one right beside the I4, it's in the direction to Daytona, huge dealership with loads of bikes outside.

I've managed to bring a set of Motocross handle bars back, body armour, riding gear all which fitted into my case.

There is a small shop on I Drive but not sure if the sell parts or just clothing, it's just at the cross roads where the huge McDonald's is.

We just looked up motocross shops on the Internet and printed out the addresses and had a day running about, most of us didn't mind as at least 3 of us were looking for things.

Alana
Old 21 Apr 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
There is also a HD on the 192 at the junction with Formosa Gardens
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick4053
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks , I’m sure I’ll be able to fill my case with bits of my own gear this time and not the wife’s