Old 30 Apr 12, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
10 nights - Waaaaay too much food!

Well here I go with my second food report. I am planning to write a full trip report eventually but in the mean time here is the best part! There were two of us on the trip, me, Abi and OH Aaron, both serious food lovers! Some photos are taken with my phone so please excuse the poor lighting!

First up plane food! I only remembered to take a photo on the way out but here it is! Beef stew - not the best meal ever but what can you expect!

Chilli's

Our first 'proper' meal of the holiday, a firm favourite of ours. We both started with a Happy Hour margarita, my choice being tropical.

This was yummy! I actually ordered two throughout the meal which of course meant 4 with the BOGOF offer No wonder i was ready for bed that first night!

We shared our normal combination starter, I think there are quite a few options to choose from and you can select any 3. We went for boneless wings, chicken strips & mozzarella sticks and it was good!

For mains I had their BBQ ribs with corn on the cob.

Aaron had their Southern Smokehouse burger.

All the above was lovely, we have always had really good service here as well and will definitely be back on our next visit!

Seaworld was out first park of choice, when we got peckish we grabbed a quick portion of Fish and Chips which were tasty!

Ponderosa

Either this restaurant had gone severely downhill since our 2009 visit or our expectations have risen considerably! We went for breakfast on our first full day and were bitterly disappointed I can’t pinpoint what had changed since out last visit but it was just awful! We gave it another go for dinner and that wasn't quite as bad but we definitely won’t be going again.

In fairness the food on the evening was ok, the bread & salad were yummy and the steak wasn't the worst I have eaten but it wouldn't win any prizes either! The place just needs a serious face lift IMO, but you do get what you pay for

Next morning with all buffet breakfasts counted out we headed to Epcot planning to grab a bite once there. The first things we saw happened to be a chocolate pastry twist & a cinnamon roll!

I must say, this was my first experience of the famous cinnamon roll and I’m not a fan It just seemed very dry and in need of much more icing!

Edited at 12:34 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Beaches & Cream

Next up was lunch! We headed out via International Gateway to Beaches and Cream for a repeat of our visit last year.

I had my much anticipated Butter Pecan milkshake...

We then both had the burger, one with fries, one with onion rings! This was all as delicious as I had remembered. The milkshake is unbelievably good and the burgers are seriously yummy too - the buns are really soft & fresh! The food is very reasonably priced too for an on site Disney restaurant. One day maybe we will leave room for a sundea!

Olive Garden

This was our first visit to the Olive Garden and we had high hopes!

We both started with soup, I had the Chicken and Gnocchi and Aaron had Minestrone. Both were nice and the bread sticks were amazing!

I then had the Parmesan Crusted Bistecca which was very nice..

While Aaron had the Steak Gorgonzola-Alfredo

We enjoyed our meal but probably wouldn’t rush to come back. Our waitress was slow and we kept having to wait for our breadsticks :angry:

Next morning we were at Islands of Adventure and grabbed a quick croissant & fruit cup for breaky in WWOHP. These were both really nice and good value for money.

Hard Rock Cafe

Lunch was calling so on our way from IOA to Universal Studios we stopped of to refuel at the Hard Rock. We shared a couple of appetisers, Breaded Chicken Strips and Nachos!

It didn't disappoint - another of our favourites!

Edited at 12:15 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Margaretville

Onto dinner and our first ever visit to Margaretville!

We had buffalo wings to start with - very, very, VERY spicy!

Then I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich while Aaron had the French Dip Burger - Both were really good.

To finish (as we obviously hadn't had enough food today!) we went for the Chocolate Brownie dessert! Yum!

We definitely enjoyed the food at Margaretville and the service was good too. The entertainment was a bit strange but enjoyable to watch and we would most likely eat here again.

Breakfast the next day was at the hard Rock Hotel, just a few pastried and juice

A quick snack at the Prime Outlets!

Me, Pretzle Dog - Amazing, i have been craving another one of these since we got back!

Aaron, Peperoni Pretzle

Cheesecake Factory

Dinner was the Cheesecake factory, we had enjoyed the food here last year and were hoping it was going to be just as good this time round.

We started with a shared chicken platter which was much needed healthier option!

This was followed by another Pulled Pork sandwich for me and the Chicken Parmigian sandwich for Aaron.

Both were amazing!

Obviously we had to finish with cheesecake but were too full to eat them there and then so we opted to take them away.

I had the Chocolate, Caramel Turtle and Aaron had the White Chocolate & Macademia Nut

Edited at 12:20 PM.
Old 30 Apr 12, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Breakfast the next day was a few purchased from Walgreens!

Dinner was at the Outback Steakhouse! (1st visit of holiday!)

We started with the Bloomin Onion

Then I had the French onion soup followed by the sirloin steak with a honey & cinnamon sweet potato!

While Aaron had a burger

This meal was amazing and we vowed to go back again before the end of our trip! The restaurant was very busy and we could see why!

Edited at 12:21 PM.
Old 30 Apr 12, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Ragland Road

Lunch the next day was an impromptu visit to Raglan Road, we have been last year and really enjoyed it. We started with the bread with the Guinness reduction

For starters I had a Goats Cheese tart and Aaron had Chicken Skewers.

For main, I had a chicken curry pie and Aaron had ... wait for it... a burger!

All the food was very good but it’s not cheap - a very good meal for the DDP if you have it!

For pudding we headed over to Ghirardelli’s where we had a chocolate and peanut butter sundae

A snack the next day was a dirt & worm pie in AK - very nice

Dinner was a pizza in the hotel room! It was Super bowl Sunday so we stayed in, watched the game and ate a lot!

The pizza was a stuffed pie from Giordano’s and it was amazing, we had it topped with pineapple and added some mozzarella sticks for good measure! Pizza hut will never be the same again! Why can't I live in the USA!

Edited at 12:23 PM.
Old 30 Apr 12, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Friendlies (1st visit of holiday!)

Lunch the next day was Friendlies, I had a voucher for a free extra large sundae and was determined to use it!

I had a BBQ cheeseburger and Aaron had a chicken BBQ & ranch sandwich.

Both were really good and much better than expected, Aarons especially was a reason to go back! The food is really good value and you get a free sundae a few of the meals.

I would recommend this place to anyone for a good value lunch! The service was good, the food even better and the ice cream was amazing! Very cheap too!

Bahama Breeze

This was our first visit to this restaurant and we had high hopes having read a lot of Dibb reviews. It was good but I’m not sure we would rush back.

We started with a spinach and artichoke dip

Then Aaron had a curry of some kind while I had the Buttermilk chicken

Snacks the next day included some treats at HS

Some Ravioli from Italy in Epcot!

And some Fish & Chips from the UK in Epcot

Edited at 12:31 PM.
Old 30 Apr 12, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Dinner was our second visit to the Outback!

This time we started with the quesadilla

And then both had the sirloin, mine as before with the sweet potato jacket and Aarons with sweet potato fries. I had the French onion soup again and Aaron had the salad!

Again the meal was really nice!

That evening at Epcot we tasted a funnel cake I wasn't a fan! I'm afraid it all got thrown away!

TGI Fridays

For our meal here we chose mozzarella strips & quesadilla to start

For mains Aaron had Chicken strips & I had parmesan crusted chicken

And for pudding!...

I had an Oreo Ice cream and Aaron had a peanut butter pie

Oops - took a bit before i remembered the photo!

The meal was really nice and not too expensive!

Edited at 12:34 PM.
Old 30 Apr 12, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
we have reached the last day of our holiday! A quick lunch was needed before we drove to the airport and we had enjoyed friendlies so much we headed back.

We both had the sandwich that Aaron had tried before

It was amazing!

And followed them up with a sundae each

Aaron was boring and only had orange sorbet but i made up for it with mine! And i got to make the most of the topping he didn't want!

So thats it! 10 days of scrummy food, off to feel sorry for myslef now - I’m on a strict diet
Old 30 Apr 12, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

wow! now i'm seriously hungery! looks fab, whaich resturant would you say was the best and why?
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

yeah looks fab :0)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List