Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 Feb 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

DLP in the cold and snowDLP day 2

Monday 5 February

So I was up and raring to go this morning, hotel shuttle booked to get me to the park I was heading for the studios, in particular the tower of terror.

No problem with the security check and through the turnstile and I was in and heading to the rock 'n' roll coaster, posted as a 20 minute wait. Again they need soft head rests. I had been looking forward to this as loved it in Disneyworld but felt a little disappointed as not long enough.

Decided to try out Armageddon, it was warm so worth a visit but wouldnt want to wait too long.

Grabbed a FP for the tower as the wait was 50 minutes and went exploring the park. Ended up in toy story land and queued for the parachute drop. It was starting to snow .
It takes longer to load and do the checks than the ride. Whilst it looked tame it did have a bit more to it and I enjoyed it.

RC Racer was 50 minutes and 40 minutes for single rider so gave it a miss. Thought I was a little old for Slinky Dog

So headed off to see what else there was to do, Ratatouille, almost rode it without glasses as mixed where they were. Single rider line so only waited 10 minutes.

Oh wow, I had no idea about this ride but loved it, no wonder the normal queue is so long.

Thought I could see if I could get a sneaky ride on the rock n roll coaster before my FP for the tower. 20 minute wait so perfect - not. It broke down, to the extent we all had to leave so 40 minutes of waiting for nothing.

By now my FP had gone past but I was allowed in but guess what, it broke down. Nooooo however it didn't take long to get going again as I was close to the front and out of the wi d and snow.

I had a great CM, someone else said that these CMs were great. He spoke fast and in a high voice and made people jump and would get right in your face. Fab.

Love love love this ride, slightly different to Disneyworld, but great.

Back to Ratatouille for another go and then onto Crush's coaster, used single rider and waited about 30 minutes. Again I had no idea what to expect and wow. Love love love this ride. I started in the back of the car so I had no idea what was coming.

Jumped off and onto the flying carpets, had to be done with no wait.

Back to Ratatouille, then to the tower which broke just as we were about to start! I think this was too much for the young child in front as they made a quick exit when we were asked to charge elevators.
The two guys behind me screamed so much I didn't need to.

Back to Ratatouille for the third time, each time I had been in a different seat in the rat and in different places during the ride.

RC Racer had a short wait, chose the single rider line but think the other would have been slightly quicker. This is a slow loader and a quick ride but it does give a thrill.

Back over to rock n roll for another ride, well it was only a 5 minute wait. Cushioned my head using my hood so a little better.

Last ride today was crush's coaster. ended up waiting for ages as eveyone had the same idea.

As i was leaving i found a couple of storm troopers so grabbed a bad selfie.

Headed into the shops as I needed to buy thumper for a Dorset dibber. So many nice things but no room in my case.
Old 7 Feb 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Sounds like you can get a lot done with the single rider queue - that's great to read because our 6-year-old isn't a coaster fan so DH and I will be doing the big rides separately. Hope you're not too cold!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

There aren't a lot of single rider lines. Crush's coaster is slow as lots of pairs so you have to wait for a 3.
It wasn't too cold as had a few layers on.