Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Feb 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

NatWest platinum travel insurance

Do any of you use NatWest travel insurance? Will it cover hotel cost if holiday cancelled by coronavirus. I’m being positive but everyone seems to be panicking !
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We have it, but I would imagine that it should do, however there may be a clause about pandemics. Now you've got me wondering I'm not overly concerned so will put it in the back of my mind for now
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have it and have read the policy and it seems they class them as natural disasters pandemics and cancellation and cutting short your trip look to be covered.

To be completely sure though I would give them a call. I'm sure they will have answered the question many times over the last few weeks.
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

I think I will give them a ring this week xx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Adetrick
Trying for More Ears

Probably best to speak to them for your own piece of mind but they told me that a medical epidemic or pandemic is defined in the policy as a natural disaster. If you have to cancel before leaving the maximum claim is £5,000 per person (silver & platinum accounts) or £10,000 per person (black accounts) subject to a £75 excess per person.

If you are already there and have to cut short your holiday the maximum claim is £500 per person subject to a £75 excess per person.

Both of the above only apply if the Foreign Office advise against 'all travel' or 'all but essential travel' to the area that you are travelling to (or are already there). You're obviously not covered if there are no travel restrictions in place but choose not to go.
Adetrick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

They are saying you are currently covered for coronavirus unless you decide to travel against fda advice or simply decide not to go(Which is standard with any policy) They said the website would be updated if/when any new advice was released.

my biggest concern was if we went and then couldn't return when scheduled due to fda advice or quarantine but they said that that would be covered. I added dd to my policy as a guest which only covers her for the time we are away but they said if our trip needed to be extended because of the virus she would be covered till we return
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I spoken to them yesterday and confirmed that covered for cancellation due to FCO advice and if no FCO restrictions then covered for medical bills if infected while over in US. Only not covered if you simply decide to cancel or travel against FCO advice.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Many thanks everyone xx