Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Nov 15, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The BIG Florida Surprise - Day 10 - 25th August 2015

We had again decided to have a lazy morning and not rush about so I cancelled our ADR for Beaches & Cream. We would still go to Epcot in time for our FP's and to watch Illuminations. Slightly gutted about this as I was soooo looking forward to having a Kitchen Sink for lunch 😁
We had another little lie in and after getting ready we decided to pop to Premium Outlets Vineland Road for a bit of shopping. Got to the outlet at about 9.30 so shops weren't open yet but grabbed a Subway for breakfast and people watched, a great way to pass time.
We had a successful shop. I bought my niece and nephew a pair of Converse each and Sam a pair too. They were buy one get one half price on the bigger two pairs. We eventually found Forever 21 and got Hope a few tops and jumpers. She loved it in here! I treated myself to a pair of jeans from 7 for all Mankind. They are lovely! We also got Hope some trainers from Nike. Jim bought himself a load of t-shirts and polo shirts too.
We got back to the hotel around 1 and had an hour or so in the pool before getting changed and leaving for Epcot. It was a really nice morning.

We arrived just after 3 and parked in Create 42.

There was a photopass photographer with no queue so stopped for a few pics.

I didn't put us in stripy outfits on purpose 😳
The kids noticed Pluto was out and really wanted his autograph so we went a queued up. Only waited about 10 minutes until it was our turn. The kids were loving it, I was really happy they were actually wanting to meet the characters as at the ages of 12 and 10 I honestly thought they wouldn't be bothered!

So into the park we walked to our first fast pass of Mission:Space.

Me and Sam wimped out and went Green while Jim and Hope went for Orange. Well this is brilliant we all really enjoyed it! Jim said he felt a little sick coming off so I'm glad I didn't choose the hardcore one. Whilst in the area Jim and Sam went on Test Track in the single rider line as it was only showing a 5 minute wait.

Hope was feeling iffy so didn't want to go. They both really enjoyed it even though they didn't get to design a car.

Whilst waiting I stood very patiently waiting for the monorail to come round for a pic and finally I got it! I love how it loops through the park

Went back on ourselves and onto our next fast pass Spaceship Earth. Didn't actually need one as stand by was only 5 minutes and I have a feeling it always is. Anyway it's very informative but Jim did fall asleep! It must be Dench's voice 😉

Had a look in Mousegear, love it in here I think it's actually better than World of Disney! Bought myself a lovely Mickey and friends Christmas decoration for $59, bargain

The only thing better than Disney is Christmas so I couldn't have been happier! Kids bought a pin trading folder and a pressed penny book for their ever growing collection.
Went over to Soarin next for our last fast pass. Still queued about 15-20 mins but stand by was a 60 mins so not as bad.
I enjoyed this but not as much as I thought I would if that makes sense. (Don't shoot me!)
Another monorail pic, I can't get enough!

Bill & Sylvia had arrived in Epcot now and were in the UK pavilion so headed over there.

Feeling a bit peckish now so got some fish and chips from the Yorkshire county fish and chip shop. Bit annoying that there's no where to sit but they were tasty! We sat on a bench by the international gateway, nice and quiet.

We all noticed it didn't seem at all busy at Epcot even though the busy day guide said this was a day to avoid!
Another quick photopass opportunity.

We walked through France, Morocco and Japan soaking up the atmosphere and looking at all the details in each pavilion until we got to Italy.

We stopped off for a drink and a doughnut from a stand at the edge of 'America' and went to sit by the water near the gondola bridge.

The view of the lake was amazing. It was 7.30 at this point so an hour and a half until the fireworks so we decided to stay on the bench we were on as it was a prime viewing spot and take it in turns to go off and explore. Me and Jim went into Italy for a look around, it's beautiful in here.

I then went to Germany on my own as I was on a mission to one place only, Karamell Kuche!
Well I was in sugar heaven. I restrained myself and just bought some caramel popcorn and a caramel oat and pecan cookie. They were lush so good!

Made my way back over to our spot and waited about 30 minutes until Illuminations started.
I cannot recommend this spot highly enough.

These are all the photos I have as I took most of them on my camera again and can't transfer them 😡
Wow what can I say they were so good! And yes I cried again 😳 I know the Disney parks aren't cheap but you definitely get loads for your money. The entertainment alone is worth it for me even if I didn't go on one ride!
Walked around the rest of the World Showcase on our way out and stopped in Mousegear again so Sylvia could have a look. Ended up buying Boris a dog bowl and some cute Disney bow ties. Please don't judge!

Got back to the hotel at about 10.30 and met up with Helen, Nick and kids by the pool. The pool bar had shut so we walked around to the Laguna bar for a few drinks. The kids wanted to go back to our room to chill out together for a bit so as our room wasn't too far we let the 4 of them go back on their own. That's another good thing about Disney we could relax a little bit about them going off together. We still got them to call when they got back to the room, which they did. The 4 of us had a fab hour of catching up on what we had been up to the past few days and generally unwinding and having a good laugh. A truly lovely end to a brilliant night!

Edited at 10:31 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 15, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely day. We bought the exact Same decoration in August. Can't wait til Christmas to use it.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 15, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Great photos.
waiting4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 15, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
What a lovely day. We bought the exact Same decoration in August. Can't wait til Christmas to use it.
It really was a lovely day, just wished we had explored the World Showcase a bit more but there's always next time! I'm counting down the days until the 1st December so I can put all my Disney Xmas decs up! 😂
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 15, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Great photos.
Thank you, I was quite pleased how they came out considering I was only using an iPhone and have no photography skills! 😁
Old 25 Nov 15, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your World Showcase pictures are beautiful. We had a day where we just wandered around the lagoon and didn't do any rides at all and it was actually a favourite of ours!

Your resort pool looks awesome.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 15, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your World Showcase pictures are beautiful. We had a day where we just wandered around the lagoon and didn't do any rides at all and it was actually a favourite of ours!

Your resort pool looks awesome.
Thank you, that is exactly what I want to do next time just soak up the atmosphere of the World Showcase as we didn't even scratch the surface!
Old 25 Feb 16, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
secretivemum
Imagineer

Some fabulous photos... thanks for sharing.
secretivemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another super day
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 16, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by secretivemum View Post
Some fabulous photos... thanks for sharing.
Thank you!