Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Georgemac and Crew – Oct 2006 - Day 16 - Going Home

Day 16 – Friday 3rd Nov – Going Home

Weather forecast – Sunny with some clouds and high of 75 degF – another cold front is coming through

Well as usual I am up first and have typed yesterdays report and for the first time I am starting the current days report on the day – obviously will be finished when I am back in the UK.

I have checked on the web and the flight is scheduled to arrive on time – good news – should be no delays. Have also checked Globespans T&C’s online and max weight for a single piece of baggage is 32 Kg, which means we will be OK but slightly surprised at this, as I thought BAA had reduced this as a health and safety/handling measure. No info on the BAA website but the BA website still shows 32 Kg also so my worries have eased. When we have been away, the weather at home has been quite terrible, so have checked to see what awaits us in Glasgow tomorrow, but it looks like quite a pleasant but breezy day with a high of 52 degF!

I am really glad I bought the wireless router for use in the villa, it was too restrictive having to use the laptop in the twin bedroom, and I have contacted the owner and offered to leave the router for other guests to use, which he has accepted. It was $43 well spent for me, and we got this lovely villa for 15 nights with pool heating for £780, so I don’t grudge leaving the router. However I cannot persuade DW to leave the hairdryer or straightener’s so they have been squeezed into the bulging holdall!

I would say we are ready now for home, we have had a great holiday, and cannot think of any lows – it has once again been fantastic. DD is now really missing her BF but she too has really enjoyed the holiday. Hope today goes OK, next section will be the UK updated.

Now at home and the final update – when everyone was up gave them the choice of whatever they wanted to do today – either US/IOA or anything else. DS wanted to go in the pool for the last time so in we got – the heating was not on today and you could feel the difference but it was still OK. Only got about an hour in the water as we had to be out of the villa by 11. Showered etc, final check we had not left anything (missing my new aftershave when we got back to the UK so suspect the shop never put it in the bag), loaded up the chevvy impala and left the villa about 10.40, and headed up the I4 where the decision was made that what they wanted to do today was eat in the cheesecake factory again. So we headed for the Mall at Millenia, we arrived a little early for lunch so had a look round the Supertarget store across the road, wish we had checked this out earlier. Headed over to the mall and into the cheesecake factory – no wait today. DW and I shared a fresh salmon in filo pastry starter, DW had Orange chicken, DD had cheese pizza and fries, DS had Cajun chicken littles, and I had the ranch burger, we all had soft drinks. The food was absolutely superb once more, DS and DD could not finish their portions, and we had no room left again for cheesecake. Bill was $70 so left $84, had a final look around the mall and headed for Sanford as we had to have the car back by 3 PM.

Got to Sanford at 2.40 PM, had Ό a tank of gas left and I had prepaid, so when I topped up with $14 I put in too much! Checked in no problem, skipped the line as we were PE. The check in girl told us our baggage allowance was 40 kg each – T&C’s definitely say 30 kg, our hand baggage was not weighed. Was told by the check in girl to make sure any liquids and gels were in the hold baggage, DD put a tube of lip gloss into a case and we were off to security to wait in the line. Here DD discovered she had a Ύ full bottle of expensive perfume in her handbag so that had to be binned, as there is a max vol of liquids of 3 fluid oz, and this must be bagged in clear 1 quart zip locked bag, none of which are available. I had some medical gel cream for a bad ankle which was OK as I declared it. Off to duty free, got the wi-fi signal from the Royal Palm lounge so was able to browse the net, did not have too long to wait so did not bother with the lounge this time. Boarded quite early and we would have been off early but for some late arriving passengers. Took off bang on time and the pilot informed us the flight would only be 7 hours. Watched X-men3, then slept, flight was slightly turbulent, food was poor, arrived at Glasgow at 6.30, 1 hour early and out into that lovely Scottish winter, at least it was a pleasant day. Cases collected OK, no customs, collected the car and was off up the road at 7.30, refreshment stops in Dundee and Aberdeen, and home at 11.45 am, unloaded the car and had a cup of tea – holiday over!

DD headed off for the long awaited reunion with DBF, DS and I headed off to watch our local footy team in a cup final with my dad, and DW unpacked all the cases which she prefers to do on her own with us all out of the way.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 06, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

I've really enjoyed your repoerts George. Thanks for taking the time to do them
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 06, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

awww what an end to a brilliant holiday... thanks for sharing with us...
Im like you wife... unpacking on my own...gets done twice as fast
Elaine
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 06, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Sounds like u had another great holiday George, thanks for the pics and taking the time to post your reports
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 06, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You're going to have to go to the Cheesecake Factory and just have cheesecake! Great reports George - have really enjoyed reading these this afternoon and makes me think I should get on and do mine. We overlapped on this holiday with you so lots of familiar weather reports and things! Looks like you all had a thoroughly good holiday - just what I like to see!

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 06, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

great trippie loved your photos thanks for taking the time to share your hols with us jayne
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 06, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I've really enjoyed your trippies and the great photos, thanks for taking the time to post them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 06, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Your reports have been fantastic, loved all the pictures and thank you for sharing them with us. Glad you had a wonderful time x
Old 6 Jan 07, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
I have enjoyed reading your reports George (eventually)

Thanks for taking the time to share them.
Old 7 Jan 07, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-pink
Imagineer

princess-pink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've enjoyed your trip report and thanks for sharing