Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Nov 16, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
3 weeks is not enough! Disney & Universal Sept 2016 – Day 8, Premium Outlets & Celebration

Another short one today and not many photos.
Now today was meant to be a day off. We’d done 7 days non-stop so we really needed it. Despite that I got up relatively early as I’d been in bed early the night before. I didn’t rush to get ready and just lazed about. We had bought bacon as Dad was determined to have waffles and bacon for breakfast at some point so we made bacon, scrambled eggs and waffles.
Mum & Dad wanted to go to church so we planned that we would drop them at the Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine for 11.30am Mass. Mum had insisted before we went that this couldn’t possibly be a Catholic church with a name like that but I assured her it was so she gave in. We dropped them off and then Marie and I went to the outlets for a wander round. We had looked in a few shops when Mum and Dad texted to say they were on their way. By the time they arrived it was lunch time so we wasted money on another food court lunch. The problem was, we were hungry and Mum & Dad still hadn’t looked in any shops so we really had no choice.
After our average lunch we had another look round and had a more successful shopping trip than the last time. I got some Skechers for work and Marie & I got boots from Guess that should have been $70 but we managed to get for around $45. They had BOGO 50% off plus we had a Premium VIP booklet that gave is an extra $20 off. Mum bought a handbag and purse which was also BOGO 50% off but the staff member gave her 50% off the more expensive handbag so she also got a bargain.

Found this in the Disney shop. Thought it was a bit odd...

After my look at Ray Bans the other day I popped into Sunglass Hut for another look. They had a pair on sale at $99.99 that I really liked but Marie said that was a ridiculous amount to spend on sunglasses. I debated but decided she was probably right and put them back. We did some more shopping and passed another Sunglass Hut so I popped in thinking “I’m totally getting those Ray Bans”. Of course that Sunglass Hut didn’t have them and we were so close to the car now I couldn’t bear to walk back to the other store. I was determined to get them next time though.
We left the outlets after that and headed to Celebration for the sole reason of going to Woofgang Bakery to get dog treats. Mum and Marie also wanted to look for collars for the dogs. We got some treats for our two dogs (we have a kind of shared custody arrangement!) and I bought a bag for my brother’s dog as he doesn’t get them as much.
This should have been an opportunity to have a nice look around Celebration but we were just too tired and it was so hot. I don't even have any photos. Mum really liked the area and thought the houses were beautiful but we just didn’t have the energy to spend much time there, especially as we had a dinner ADR at The Yachtsman later. We returned to OKW and chilled around the villa before getting ready for dinner.
I had thought our ADR was for 6.10pm but it turned out it was 6.40pm. Everyone was ready and we just wanted to go so I got on the app and managed to change it for 6.05pm. It seems you can change a time on the day without penalty but not a location.
The dining report for today is here.
We had a lovely meal at The Yachtsman and it was the standout for me this trip. The whole experience from the food to the setting to the server was excellent.

Stuffed we went straight back to OKW where Marie and I watched the Emmys in bed.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, we've still to visit celebration, it's on the list 🤗🤔
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Lovely relaxing day, it's great to just chill. Yatchsman is a place we've still yet to try!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List