Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Apr 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Star Wars, Bar Bores and No Chores...31 August 2017 - Day 13 - Goodbye dream machine!

We began today but us all waking about 8am, getting ready and taking the car back to Disney Car Care Centre which is near Magic Kingdom.

We were determined to enjoy our last full day. We had originally had an 8am Be Our Guest reservation, but as we had to cancel breakfast at 1900 Park Fare on our first day, it felt the natural choice to book that this morning instead and we had a 9.35am reservation.

The courtesy driver dropped us off at the Grand Floridian and we felt like Royalty, it is just so beautiful in there! We use five adult TS meals on our breakfast, and had a fantastic time. The service, the food and the character interaction were all brilliant, even if there was a little wait as we were seated slightly late. Brunch was very quick though and we were out for 10.15am. Service had been efficient, a little too efficient if I’m being honest. Food was plentiful though and worth it to see the smile on Tia's face and explore this beautiful resort.

We then caught the monorail to Magic Kingdom and spent a little bit of time in the park. It was really hot today, but we managed to find time to fit in a couple of snow cones and bottles of coke and sprite using three snack credits.

I also found time to ‘persuade’ everyone it was worth one final trip to Aloha Isle for our final pineapple floats / vanilla cups. Absolutely delicious!

One last very painful look at some of our favourite bits of Magic Kingdom...

No riding the railroad today though...

Where's Richard Branson when you need him eh? Better off driving than the train...

The Halloween decorations were everywhere and I was wishing we had those coveted tickets to MNSSHP!

At about 11.30am we swapped to the bus to HS, where we had fastpasses for Rock n roller 11.20am, Tower of terror 1.05pm and Star tours 2.05pm. We did consider spending the day at Magic Kingdom, but HS is very much our favourite park and we wanted those fastpasses.

Despite Joe's face, we found swapping parks via the Disney Transport System very easy, despite the heat!

They really need some new cleaners...

A last one of me 'enjoying' myself on Rock 'n' Roller!

Kids love it though...

We did have our eating and drinking heads on today (I’m not sure if it was just because it was warm or because we were determined to enjoy what remained of our fabulous holiday).

We ate our fill and said goodbye for now to this great lady...

Always time for a speeder bike...

We consumed (more like inhaled) a churro at $15.29, plenty of cokes, orange, root beer and Antony had a bud light for $7.25. I had a Vodka Fizz Lemonade which was $10.50 from KRNR Rock– 16.08pm and we also shared two meatball subs, two bottles of water, and some mickey ice creams as well as two bottles of cold water and our final V Frappe Strawberry Crème, V Frappe Vanilla Bean Cream, V Strawberry Acai from the Trolley Car Café. We had 16 snack credits remaining as we left the park at 5pm – we were gutted to be leaving so early, but we had an 8.15pm reservation for our final TS meal credits, at our favourite restaurant in Disney Springs from our last trip, Paradiso 37.

We were disappointed with our final meal, we had travelled one last time via the boat launch, and shopped at little at Disney Springs, but Paradiso did disappoint us not only was the food not half as good and Disney Springs busier than Oxford Street during the sales, the server had practically squished us into a corner and it would have been more polite if he had thrown the food at us, as soon as he knew we were on DDP he just wasn’t interested in us. It didn’t spoil our last evening, but we won’t be reserving there in future and the children didn’t particularly enjoy their meal choices. The least said about that one the better.

The best news of the evening was that Tia spent a bit of her holiday money, at World of Disney she bought a silver plated chain and some other jewellery for her mum and friends and spent a total of $93.92 tax $6.11 total $100.03.

We were back at Port Orleans, far earlier than planned, but after the bedlam at Disney Springs we were quite glad about that.

We purchased did a little more shopping and purchased rock candy, cookies, cherry balls, ritz bitz cheese, cheez it, big face pop, choc coins, mixed nuts, Mike n Ike, peanut butter cookies, Pez, mixed nuts. We used QSM for those and had 21 remaining.

Later on the children swam again and then we went to Riverside Mill about 10pm where they shared chicken nuggets, fanta orange and another couple of snacks. We had nineteen quick service meals left.
We also had bread sticks in marinara sauce, coke and large cheese pizza, bottle of chardonnay and a Budweiser we paid OOP for $27.91. This left 17 quick service credits left.

Fighting the sadness knowing the holiday was almost over, Antony had his final Bud Aluminium 16 oz Coors aluminium $7 dollars with tax $14.91, which he enjoyed watching a bit of TV and enjoying our final couple of hours in the Florida heat.

Day 14

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power

Edited at 08:16 AM. Reason: adding link day 14
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List