Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jan 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Thumbs up 5 do Florida for the 1st time - October 2018 - day 20 - St Petes Beach, Bongos and Twin Peaks

Index

So this morning we woke up having still made no decision about what we wanted to do today. There were three options really. We could head back and go to Celebration for Halloween but we would have to get there not to much after lunch time if we were to beat the traffic and get parked. the second option was to get back and head to Animal Kingdom as we had Flights Of Passage fast passes which we would love to ride again. The option was pool and then see where the day took us.

We enjoyed the view from the balcony for one last time. You can see that the water had certainly started to clear after the cold front making it look more like Southend on our first day here.

We headed over to Saltys again for breakfast as it was just across the road.

We had a selection of food. You can my notes died a death days ago.

The food hit the spot again. The kids were in good spirits after a good night sleep. Emma was already itching to go for another swim. We arrived back at the pool about 10:00

Emma was soon in for a last swim at Opal Sands. Benjamin was straight to a water jet to play in that. He just loved it. Unfortunately it meant he was flooding water all over the poolside and now and again spraying a bit onto the sunbeds. Chloe decided to seek cover by relaxing away from the edge of the pool.

Whilst by the pool we ruled out going to a park today as no one really fancied it even for FOP. We decided not to go to Celebration either as time was ticking on so I suggested have a drive to St Petes Beach and having lunch there before heading back to Sunset Lakes. Nobody seemed overly enthusiastic about aide either. We managed to drag the kids away from the pool just after 11:30 and are giving some thought to making another attempt at running Sally over on the way out I decided it would look a bit too suspicious. In the lobby was a table set up with pumpkins decorated by different departments of the hotel.

Bell staff brought out luggage to the front of the hotel, valet brought our car and they did a fair job of loading the car.

Before setting off we decided we would head to St Petes. Sally's fancied this idea but her only concern was that we would end up driving around for ages and not be able to find anywhere to park.

We set off with Sally in charge of the camera again We all enjoyed looking at some of the lovely houses in the area.

It was a nice drive down to St Petes Beach and we spotted the Grand Paza at 12:30. I decided I'd like us to have lunch at Bongos. Had seen it in a few trips report and when we were originally going to be spending a night here this trip we were going to eat here.

We parked in the car park of The Grand Plaza which was fairly empty. Sally popped her head into the lobby to check it was ok to park there which It was. We had a wander round and got a table on the sand at Bongos.

I already liked it here and half regretted cancelling the night we had booked at the Grand Plaza. Sue to the fact that we needed one of their suites for the 5 of us it worked out no cheaper than Opal Sands. It looked nice but the swimming pool was tiny and the lobby etc looked clean but basic.

The food was really nice here and came to £70.00 including tip.

The sun was really beating down today. It was really hot again. We got chatting to a group on the table next to use that were locals. Just chatting about different seasons, weather and the reason Hurricane Michael. It amazed me that they said they hadn't really heard much about it as it came and went so quickly. I was following it for days before it went through the Gulf! One of the guys was a relator and left me his card in case I needed any help! I somehow don't think there would be a lot to buy in my budget. Sally seemed to think he meant he could help with places to rent for a holiday so maybe I misunderstood.

I managed to leave lunch without buying a beach house and we had a little wander on to the beach. There was just no one around... apart from one couple that Sally was convinced were getting very friendly on the sand!

We decided to have a swim whilst we were here. A cool off was appreciated by now. Emma and Benjamin loved their dip in the sea too. I did see a couple of little dead fish (I think they were tiny glass fish). Not sure of that was a link to red tide or a coincidence. There were plenty of tiny fish swimming around us.

We spent a pleasant hour or so splashing around before deciding to dry off and head back. We decided that we would head towards International Drive just for a look as we had never really spent any time there.

We were soon back in the car and sat nav set for International Drive.

We were glad to have taken the time out to visit here and really enjoyed our couple of hour stop.
Sally took some more pictures on the way back.

Possibly her best picture of the holiday...

The kids started to get a bit grumpy on the way back. At 17:10 we pulled of the I4 into Champions Gate. Emma was desperate for the loo. She had done so well right through the holiday. We pulled into Wendy's. It was a shame we weren't 20 minutes earlier as I could have collected our bits from the Management company of our first villa. Never
mind.

As we arrived on I Drive thoughts turned to our stomachs again. Emma had already seen the Macdonalds signs to we pulled in there.

Before we came out we had joked with friends about going to Twin Peaks. I suggested as there was one on I drive we call in there for a bite to eat The reason I quite fancied a bite to eat here was apparently they serve the coldest beer in Orlando!

We just ordered some appetisers to share between us and drinks. The food we had was actually really good and the beer really was very cold.

Our server was ok but a bit miserable we actually ended up chatting to one of the other servers who kept popping over and giving the kids attention.. that was her excuse any way.

I learnt in here than apparently when I'm taking in the scenery I don't always listen to my Wife and Step Daughter talking to me. I don't believe a word of it! We left here about 20:30 and took a drive back to the villa. The kids went own well tonight. Sally and I took a few beers out and spent some time in the hot tub. It was divine!

I actually made a couple of noted once in bed stating it was 23:32! We had a morning fastpass for Na'avi at AK tomorrow but I moved it for a later one on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Arriving back at the villa tonight made us realise we were really into the last few days of our trip now.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress

Edited at 09:37 PM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Fab start to the morning. Emma's turned into a right little water baby hasn't she! It's lovely to see!

Breakfast looks lovely again.

The beach looks lovely and so do the house, I'd have to the realtor's card as though you were looking to buy.

Well done Emma, we'd have had to stop twice at least on the way back haha.

Twin peaks looks lovely ... I can see why you wanted to go there though

It's awful that feeling of the last few days isn't it xx

Edited at 09:49 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh, if you're buying beach houses then I'll take the green one or the yellow one, they both looked lovely, thanks so much!

It seems like none of you had the energy to do parks today. I always end up dragging the kids away from the pool too, which is crazy really as they do love it, perhaps I should give in a little more.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Fab start to the morning. Emma's turned into a right little water baby hasn't she! It's lovely to see!

Breakfast looks lovely again.

The beach looks lovely and so do the house, I'd have to the realtor's card as though you were looking to buy.

Well done Emma, we'd have had to stop twice at least on the way back haha.

Twin peaks looks lovely ... I can see why you wanted to go there though

It's awful that feeling of the last few days isn't it xx
She really has considering how me she was clinging to me on that first swim in Stormalong bay!

I really should have pretended to be more interested in buying as maybe I could have wangled him paying for my lunch. Missed opportunity

It was definitely the cold beer that persuaded me to drag my family in there

ep! the count down is really on. For us though, a third week really makes a difference. It was literally in the last day or so that Emma was asking to sleep in her Doc Mcstuffins bed (at home) so I think the holiday was the perfect length for us.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh, if you're buying beach houses then I'll take the green one or the yellow one, they both looked lovely, thanks so much!

It seems like none of you had the energy to do parks today. I always end up dragging the kids away from the pool too, which is crazy really as they do love it, perhaps I should give in a little more.
Funny you should say that but they have just turned down my offer for the green one. Apparently by $10k was a couple of $million short

I lost count of how many times we did drag them from the pool. I think Emma would have slept in there if she could!

Edited at 03:31 PM.
Old 5 Jan 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great pictures👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I love how chilled out the holiday is getting to be. It must be so nice to have the extra days to spend at the beaches. We usually only manage 10 or 11 nights, so seem to be far more rushed than you have been. I would love to visit the beach areas one year though, and DH would love to visit Twin Peaks too 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I love how chilled out the holiday is getting to be. It must be so nice to have the extra days to spend at the beaches. We usually only manage 10 or 11 nights, so seem to be far more rushed than you have been. I would love to visit the beach areas one year though, and DH would love to visit Twin Peaks too 😂
We really enjoyed having this different pace for a few days and we didn't return home at the end of the holiday feeling like we needed another one immediately to get over it. I've always loved the sea and strangely don't feel like I have been on holiday if I haven't spent some time in or on the sea.
The beer really was very cold there. I've only just been told by Sally that the waitresses weren't really wearing much... I didn't even notice!