Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Sep 07, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Beauties & The Beast Day 19, Boardwalk, Red Rock Canyon Gril

Day 19 Move to Disney’s Boardwalk

Monday 24th September 2007

We had a quiet night and a good sleep last night. We had our breakfast in the club lounge again, before checking out of the Hard Rock hotel. When Bill was checking out of the Hard Rock, the girl on the desk asked if we’d had a good stay. Bill said we’d had a great time the last time we’d stayed there, but we didn’t get the room we had booked this time. He also mentioned the noisy neighbours we had to put up with. The upshot of it was she took $148 off the bill, which made the hefty bill a bit easier to bear I do think though if we ever stay at Universal again it will be at the Royal Pacific, rather than the Hard rock. We may have just been unlucky but there were so very obnoxious – not just rowdy guests. Some were even smoking in the pool, which is just not on. We could have stored the luggage and gone off to the parks for the day but we decided to go straight to the Boardwalk.

As expected our room was not ready, so we sat on the Boardwalk for a while taking in some sun and watching the world go by. It was all very relaxing, even more so when eating the yummy ice cream from the Boardwalk ice cream place.

We then got the boat over to MGM. The park seemed very busy but the queues for the rides were not long. We did the Backlot tour and only waited 5 minutes in line.

It was baking hot and Bill’s knee locked up completely as we got off the backlot tour so we had to sit for a while until he was able to move again.

We thought it best to head out of the park and went for the boat back to the Boardwalk. We were walking even slower than Bill’s usual snails pace and were pleased that the pilot of the boat waited for us.

Edited at 06:36 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 07, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

We got back to the Boardwalk, but our room was still not ready. Not wanting to be in the heat any longer we went to Pointe Orlando in search of some lunch. I had wanted to try Red Rock Canyon Grill, which has recently opened there. I wanted to try it for no other reason other than we had the best day of our Vegas holiday last year at a place called Red Rock Canyon, so I thought that would be a good omen. We had a great lunch there. I had chicken pot pie, which was very good and only cost $10, Bill had a cheeseburger which was also very good and cost $10. We finished off by sharing a piece of Key Lime pie, which was delicious and had the Graham cracker base that we love.

We then went to Daltons bookstore where Bill attempted to buy a book which cost $10. He tried to pay with his debit card (cash was in short supply a this stage of the holiday). The transaction wouldn’t go through without authorization from the bank. Eventually the shop assistant was put through to Bill’s bank and the bank were asking her questions she couldn’t answer so she passed the phone to Bill. His account had been suspended as the person on the other end of the phone said ‘there have been some transactions made in America’. Bill was not impressed and explained he was on holiday in the US and could they lift the restriction on his account. After about 20 minutes the bank person said the account was back in order and hung up on Bill as he was asking if he needed to do anything else. The odd thing was this is the fist time this has ever happened and he has used his bank card in the US every time we go there. Ah well we hoped that was the issue settled.

Edited at 06:38 PM.
Old 25 Sep 07, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We went back to the Boardwalk and checked in to our room. It was very comfortable and homely. We were very pleased with it.

We were especially pleased to find this in the bathroom

The view was of well a tree really. No Boardwalk view for us but we were not that bothered as we were only going to be there for two nights.

We chilled in the room for a while before venturing in to Epcot for the evening.

We ate at Mexico, Bill had nachos and I had a chicken tortilla thing. I also had a churro – mmm lovely . The food was washed down with a beer.

Edited at 06:39 PM.
Old 25 Sep 07, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

At 9pm Illuminations started and Bill of course got some photos. The display was outstanding as it always is.

We left the park at 9 as it was closing then. The line for the boat back to the Boardwalk was very long so we set off walking at the usual snails pace (a very slow tired snail at that). A young couple were behind us and they were having a ‘domestic’. The girl was saying she wanted to go back to the room to make out with him as she loved him, while the young lad was swearing and saying he wanted to go into MGM to enjoy himself the same as everyone else on the Boardwalk. He was saying he was the only one in Disney not having a good time. Hmm the youth of today

Once we reached the Boardwalk we sat and watched the street entertainers for a while and just generally sat once again and people watched. It was all very relaxing. We went to go back to the room and were passing an ATM machine so Bill thought he try it out to see if his bank had lifted the restriction on his account. He tried to withdraw some cash and it was no surprise when he got a message saying his account was suspended and to contact his bank. Oh dear he was not a happy bunny at all L. We went back to the room and I went to bed to watch some TV, leaving Bill to seethe about his bank, whilst accessing it on line I must have fallen asleep very quickly as the next thing I knew Bill was switching the lights off and bidding me good night while still complaining about the bank.

Edited at 06:39 PM.
Old 25 Sep 07, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princessfiona
Imagineer

princessfiona's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
sounds like you had an eventfull day! I hope you hit the shops with the $148 you saved on the hotel! lol Great photos by the way Bill

princessfiona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 07, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

That Key Lime Pie looks so delicious, I can't wait to be eating Key Lime Pie again

That is the cutest towel animal ever Jools - you're very lucky
Old 25 Sep 07, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mmmm! that chicken pot pie looks delicious and a great price too.

I can understand Bill being annoyed with the bank I would be too
especially since they'd said everything would be ok.

Great photos of Illuminations

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 07, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Your room looks great, very spacious. The meal looks good to at Redrock and very reasonably priced, I must say.
Old 26 Sep 07, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds like you both had a lovely day moving back to Disney - maybe I'm 'Disney biased' but I much prefer the Disney hotels to Universal.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 07, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great day apart from the bank issue.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List