highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Highlander’s Twisted Easter 08 Tour Day 13

Highlander’s Twisted Easter 08 Tour Day 13
Cast of Today’s Performance:
Me- Steve (Planner, Provider, Easily Pleased)
DW-Jacquie (Does what she’s told when it suits)
DD-Stephanie (Princesses grow up, be warned)
DS- Danny (Here’s hoping he grows up)

Tuesday 1st April

Woke up still feeling lousy luckily only thing we had planned was the basketball tonight, I relaxed on the balcony with laptop in the morning, the kids and DW hit the pool, around lunch time we headed to SteaknShake just up the road, but unfortunately no veggie burgers so we ended up inside the chinese buffet next door, cant remember the name but it was cheap and the food was okay , I did try a few April fools throughout the day but no one was caught out, I called Gregory at Quicksilver to praise my driver for the service on Sunday evening, I also arranged to be picked up earlier tonight, then I tried a few hoops myself but ended up on the court in quite a bit of pain with DW calling me an idiot for attempting this (ah feel the love)Carlos our driver from Quicksilver turned up at 5pm to take us to the game tonight it was Magic V's New Orleans Hornets, we arrived before the doors opened which was a first, we wandered the stalls outside, then when we went in we where all given free posters of the Magic Dancers, kids got some dippin dots, plus I treated DS to a basketball, DD to a new op and DW got Stuff the Magic Mascot, the dancers where out tonight around the entrance ways so the kids got them to autograph their poster plus I got some great pics of the dancers with the kids (unfortunately this is the days pics lost on my laptop when it crashed and I deleted from memory card, so no pics from tonight), the place was jumpin tonight as Magic had just been crowned Conference winners plus it was their owners birthday as well, so during the timeouts a lot of money was raised for charity, the game itself was really exciting went right to the wire with Magic 3 points behing at 10 seconds to go which lasted a good few minutes with their coach using timeouts to his advantage and they almost did it but final score hornets 98 Magic 97, still we had a great night plus the crowd where great, Carlos was waiting when we left and by 10:15 back in room, I hit the sack right away totally knackered
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Pity you are still under the weather, but again sounds like you made the best of it and had a really good night at the game. Also very disappointing that the laptop crashed and you lost your photos - that is 2 trips in a row now with lost photo's I think?

Memory cards are very cheap now - I always have enough memory cards so I don't have to delete anything - I have 6 Gbytes of memory for the small camera and 6 gbytes for the new DSLR and will probably get more for this. I also back the memory cards up to the laptop every day - paranoid or what?
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

sounds like you were still suffering
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by georgemac View Post
Pity you are still under the weather, but again sounds like you made the best of it and had a really good night at the game. Also very disappointing that the laptop crashed and you lost your photos - that is 2 trips in a row now with lost photo's I think?

Memory cards are very cheap now - I always have enough memory cards so I don't have to delete anything - I have 6 Gbytes of memory for the small camera and 6 gbytes for the new DSLR and will probably get more for this. I also back the memory cards up to the laptop every day - paranoid or what?
George I had plenty of cards, but I was transferring all my pics to disk and I was sure I had transfered this days pics as well on the Wednesday but I can't find them on my disks
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Great day!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Shame you were still feeling poorly, but it sounds like you had a great day. Enjoying these trippies

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 08, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

You really pack a lot into your holidays Steve. Another good day despite being ill
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 08, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Pedro
Apprentice Imagineer

You guys love your basketball !

Peter
Old 13 May 08, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad you could still enjoy the game even though you still felt rough.
Old 13 May 08, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post

You still pack in quite alot in a day when you're still feeling under the weather.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List