VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What are you wearing to the Airport - DAY 7 Melbourne

Melbourne DAY 7 – Friday 10th September 2010

Last Day in Melbourne

Weather 93 Degrees HOT

Awake at 6am after a wonderful night’s sleep, Michael is already up and I can hear him in the other room fighting with the coffee machine . The lovely $8 coffee we bought wont go through the hotel coffee machine which just takes coffee bags, I’m incredibly fussy when it comes to coffee and cannot drink the sweet weak coffee that the bags produce, yuk! -

Michael remembered that we get free coffee from the lobby, so goes off to get some whilst I make us both a bowl of cereal, he brings back two spoons as well, because although we have a kitchen, with a sink, fridge and microwave there isn’t one single piece of cutlery, how odd!

We eat our breakfast outside on the balcony and watch the sun rise, very nice indeed, one of those wow look where we are moments!

Sunrise and a UFO - Ok I might have added that

After we are showered and dressed we return to Wallymart in search of more sun creams, my nose is very red despite my best efforts and I need a total sun block for my face. As we walk around I start to feel wiped out, and we haven’t done anything yet! We are back in the room by 8.30am and I go back to bad Michael joins me and we both nap till 10am

Up and feeling better, we head to the pool area, the beach is a no no at the moment because there is no shade to be had and it’s boiling hot.

We read and swim in the pool then read some more, I persuade Michael that we should go in the ocean and two minutes later we are splashing about in the water, bliss! There are reef rocks along the stretch of the beach we are on and we have to be careful to avoid them, easier said than done when the tides carry you sideways.

Michael is bobbing around in the waves and is been taken towards the beach, as he stands up about to dive back in and swim out to me a huge wave breaks and hits him over the head when he emerges he’s lost his sunglasses in the process. I can’t stop laughing.

Been the good wife, I think, bloody hell, I don’t want my Oakleys to go the same way so I take them off and hold them in my hand whilst swimming towards him to join in on the pointless search for his glasses. I’m just about level with him when a wave hits me, picks me up, turns me over and takes my bikini bottoms down, it’s about to put me head first into the reef rocks so I let go of my Oakleys in order to save my face from hitting the rocks. I am unceremoniously dumped head down bum in air on the beach. Neither one of us could stop laughing, in 2 minutes we’d both lost our sunnies and looked like complete nutters! Thank god no one was around to witness this debacle!

After my wardrobe malfunction I spend a few minutes trying to regain my composure, when we eventually stop laughing we head back to the hotel for lunch, we choose a shady spot outside on the decking. I had lovely Greek Salad (dressing on the side) with pitta points, which were like small granite triangles! Michael had a chicken wrap and we both opted for an O’Douhls non-alcoholic lager it’s really nice beer.

After lunch we lay on our sun beds and read, until boredom sets in for me and then it’s back into the Ocean where we while away the afternoon. By 4.30pm I’d had enough sun and went back to the room for a shower, when I took my top off loads of sand came out from where the sea had mugged me earlier!

Michael said he felt a little off his game, maybe too much sun, so we once again dined at the hotel, we had catch of the day Mahi Mahi which was lovely and one drink each before going back to the room, Michael felt really unwell so off to bed we went to watch a film. We choose Day and Knight with Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise, I really enjoyed it although you don’t need your brain in to watch it, it did make me smile.

We were both asleep by 9.30pm, at 1.00am I was awoken by a party going on next door, well I suppose it’s a Friday night! I fell back to sleep and woke at 3am with a blazing row going on next door. One woman shouting ‘’well let’s call your wife and see what she thinks’’ Michael as per usual slept through the whole thing. I thought about telling them to shut up, then I thought about calling reception, and whilst I contemplated it all calmed down to a distant rumble and I returned to sleep, safe in the knowledge that I would be up early and revenge would be mine Mwah ha ha ha ha (evil laugh in case you were wondering)
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 10, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

lovely day great pics [ I wonder if they did call the wife?]
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 10, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
your not haveing much luck with the partys next door lol

great day and your pics are fab
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 10, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
nice relaxing day

more great pics
Old 18 Oct 10, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Really great day - love the sunrise photo.
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 10, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Loving your reports, you really are a water baby.
Old 19 Oct 10, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Lovely day. Shame your sleep was disturbed by your neighbours

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 10, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

hehe what a time you had at the beach! I hope you got your revenge on your neighbours in the morning.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 10, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

OMG I am killing myself laughing at you in the sea!
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 10, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Lol at your beach antics, though you must have been sad to lose your Oakleys. Hope you got another pair whilst you were on your hols

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List