Old 20 Mar 11, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our 1st DVC Stay - LIVE - March 2011 - Day 12

Sorry it's taken a while to finish this off, but have been tired and busy unpacking...

So the final day dawned and we were up and ready to leave around 10.15am. Headed straight to DTD to check in for the flight and it was absolutely dead! Never seen it that quiet. We had been unable to pre-book seats when we booked the flight and so were happy to have been assigned seats 72 H & K which are upstairs.

Brunch was next priority and we decided on our favourite - Bob Evans where DH had one of the omelettes with many things in it (!) and some sausage gravy

I had a turkey club wrap with sweet potato fries... both very nice...just a shame the service was so slow!

We decided to go to DHS to try and catch two favourites - Beauty and the Beast (me) and Indiana Jones Stuntshow (DH) and possibly the Little Mermaid. We eventually arrived around 1.15pm and went straight to BATB which was at 1.45pm and it was pretty busy. Great show as always:

We had some time to kill before Indy but the Little Mermaid was showing the next show at the same time as Indy so we gave that a miss and had a wander round in the beautiful hot sunshine. Walking past Toy Story Mania the wait time was 130 minutes! It was St Patrick's day today and we saw some people dresssed in some very interesting t-shirts! Got to the Indy theatre about 30 minutes before the show and enjoyed the coolness of the theatre. Tbh I could give this one a miss but DH loves it! By the time it had finished it was almost time for us to make the drive to the airport but we had a quick look in some shops and DH tried to buy a watch but unfortunately it was new in and the extra link he needed hadn't arrived yet so he decided to leave it and see if it was there in September.

We left the park and made the short trip to the airport, managing to use almost all of our change up in the tolls. Arrived at the airport at 4.10pm, just 5 minutes before the return deadline and made our way into the terminal building. We had a late lunch in Romano's Macaroni Grill and it was very good...I had a pizza which was something I had been wanting for about a week (!) and DH had some pasta dish. Final restaurant recommendation of the holiday from us!

Went through security and got the train to the gate without any delays, purchased some bits in the Duty Free Shop and found a power outlet so DH could charge his iPod ready for the flight home. I even manged to visit The Dibb for 15 minutes! Boarding time was due to begin at 6.45pm with the flight due out at 7.30pm. DH and I boarded Jersey Girl about 7pm and seetled in for the (in the captains words) long 7 hour and 45 minute flight back to Manchester where the expected temperatue was 8 or 9 degrees... brrrrrrr. Just before our expected departure time the captain advised that we would be a little late leaving (about 10 minutes) as there was a problem with the cargo hold door which means it was having to be closed manually. To be fair he was very good at keeping us informed as there was then a problem with the door talking to the floor (yes you did read that correctly) that resulted in all the cargo being removed form that area, the balancing of the plane being re-done, cargo reloaded and some minor refuelling before we eventually pushed back from the gate almost 2 hours late.

The flight was pretty unexciting - it was bumpy in patches but not enough for the seatbelt sign to be turned on which I was really surprised by. The food was barely edible ... it was tomota and mozarella salad, I had beef stroganoff with pasta, carrots and peas (which are really hard to eat when you are moving about quite a bit!), DH had the Chicken which was in a chilli sauce I think with rice but tbh it had been reheated to witih a inch of it's life and looked awful - it was bad as he didn't eat it! Dessert was some sickly, heavy american cheescake thing and then there was the cheese and biscuits. During the flight I read and tried to doze but the man across the aisle from me snored loudly almost the whole time. DH watched the film Hereafter which he said was OK and then fell asleep watching Psyche on his iPod. Breakfast was served about 90 minutes before landing - either a full english or omelette - I had nothing as I was feeling a bit dodgy and the smell of the breakfasts was not helping. DH tried the omelette but pushed it around for a few minutes before deciding not to bother - it was a inch wide and deep and tbh did not look appetising at all!

We eventually landed at around 9.05am in a sunny but cold (it was just 1 degree ) Manchester, were quickly off the plane, through passport control and collecting bags. Our taxi came and within 1 hour were well on our way home. We dropped the cases in and went straight out to Morrisons (which is a 2 minute walk from us) for a nice breakfast.

How sad are we? - we were pleased that our Sky+ box had recorded everything - no clashed or part rec stuff and we still had 21% left. We managed to stay awake until about 1.30pm before giving in for a few hours and getting into our lovely comfortable bed!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my live trip report!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 11, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Thanks... Started reading your trippy over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 11, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A great report really enjoyed it.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 11, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you for the final instalment. Have been reading your reports from day 1.

Sounds like you had a really good time. The pics were great.

Many thanks for taking the time to send each day - basically as it happened
Old 20 Mar 11, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jill8933
Excited about Disney

jill8933's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
if last night is anything to go by...

THIS TRIP REPORT IS SPONSORED BY HARTLEY'S

(private joke)
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=480808
jill8933 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 11, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
vsav4
Very Serious Dibber

vsav4's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loved reading your reports, glad you had such a good time and arrived home safely x
Old 20 Mar 11, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Welcome home...really enjoyed your reports
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 11, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Have really enjoyed reading your report.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 11, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Enjoyed reading your live reports, thank you for taking the time out on your holiday to do them.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 11, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Great reports really enjoyed them all, thanks for taking time out to share with us
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List