Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Georgemac & Crew Oct 2005 - Day 13

Wed 19th - IOA/Universal

Had our usual start to the day at the villa, but spent a bit longer in the pool, after the now usual routine of removing the blanket, and finding the water is still chilly when we get in, but OK when you have been in for 5 minutes I still think the pool heating was not operating correctly. I had wanted to call the management co after the 1st week and tell them to switch it off and refund the 2nd weeks heating money, that way I would have known for sure if the heating was doing anything, but DW would not let me and we know who wears the trousers.

We then jumped in the car and headed off to the I4 via the now usual route of the Champions Gate shortcut. The Champions Gate area is very nice ,with a huge Omni resort hotel.

Memory starting to go a little here, but I think we only visited IOA today, not sure how we managed to get through the day without visiting the Mummy. "Edit - memory coming back - we did go across to Universal and rode the Mummy, MIB (single rider), and Back to the Future before going across to IOA."

Again at the entry, my fingerprint scan worked OK, but DS & DW’sdid not, just let in by the attendant which is what happened every time we entered any of the Universal parks. The park was not too busy today. Rode the Hulk a few times, then Spiderman, which DW always rides with us. DS has the park map, and spy’s that there is a Wimpy’s beside Popeye, so off we go and have some lunch, with surprise surprise DS having chicken strips!

DS & I then head to popeye, about a 20 minute wait, although the sign say’s 10, and we both get absolutely soaked, but great fun. We then head to ripsaw falls, and surprise it is broken down. We decide to head for Jurassic park, when the ripsaw fall logs start appearing as we go over the bridge, so we head back and get almost straight on to the newly reopened ride – result! We are in the front 2 seats again, and get an absolute soaking once more, and get a huge drenching from the 25 cent water canons as we turn the corner before getting out of the log. We then head to Jurrassic Park and get in the front row as we are soaked through to the skin anyway. DS always seems to be very happy when I get a good soaking! We get another good wetting on Jurrassic park, and unfortunately when we come out the Sun has decided to disappear behind some clouds for the rest of the day, so our normal drying mode is not available. This is definitely the best soaking I have ever had. We head for duelling dragons, and ride ice once more, then head for the park exit via the Hulk for a couple more walk on rides.

DW heads for the candy store to check out the candy apples which she always buy’s on our last night to take home for her dad, usually were are in Disney our last night, but this time we will be in IOA on our last day and she is happy with what she can get.

We then get hit by the air blast from a CM with an airzooka, which DS has been fascinated with since we came, we ask where we can buy one and they are available in the shop for $20 or $25 so DS comes out with his airzooka a happy boy. He stops to watch a guy doing magic levitation tricks on the way out – he was very good.

We then head off to the Disney Marketplace for a bit more last minute shopping, before heading back to the villa, I think via Walmart for some last minute things folk at home wanted us to take back. I think we had a take out Chinese back to the villa, and DS had already had his MaCDonalds drive through – eats all this junk food and he is pencil thin!

Tonight I take the suitcases out of the wardrobe into one of the spare bedrooms and we start to pack away all our shopping and a lot of our clothes. I have run out of Bud’s and my 1st Litre of Bacardi is finished, so I have a bottle of wine. DW is a non drinker.

Edited at 12:32 PM.
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 05, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
The little one - after our drenching on the water rides

georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 05, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
great pics, and a good day
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 05, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Love that picture!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 05, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
What a fab day you all had
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 05, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Candy apples are good, but caramel apples are better.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List